Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not done yet, but took delivery of the MAPerformance intercooler and pipe upgrade kit. Will have the ford dealer install it Tuesday. I have to say, this thing is a f-ing work of art. Having a mishimoto catch can installed at the same time. All I need now is the ford performance tune for the 2018. Hello ford? You there? I want to give you more money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took delivery of my 2018 Ecoboost with performance pack yesterday :) Today i installed smoked out licence plate covers, then noticed my rear trunk lid was not aligned properly and it was rubbing the quarter panel ever so slightly #pissesMEoff I also noticed it chipped the paint a little, which isnt the end of the world, but still boils my blood. It still need some more tinkering with, but at least it's not rubbing anymore. My car is Shadow black and i went to look for duplicolor touch up paint at crappy tire, but they didn't have any in stock :( I was going to get a universal black, but said screw it and will source my proper color elsewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks to the amazing Black Friday sale at MAPerformance, I finally pulled the trigger on their FMIC and charge pipe kit. By the way, as @blondie-tuco said, "this thing is a f-ing work of art." While I was at it, Cobb was having a sale on their Accessport, so I picked that up as well. It's a great feeling saving some serious money on items I've been drooling over for the past 6 months. Anyway, I installed everything without a problem except for the BOV. I'm not sure if I didn't tap into the correct vacuum source that MAP shows in their install video or what, but I was losing boost and not getting a reliable vacuum for the BOV. I picked up the Turbosmart Boost Reference Adapter, and now all is good. The difference the Stage 2 tune made was ridiculous. The butt dyno can really tell the difference.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts