Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mods

Finished several mods in the last few weeks.

• Roush air intake
  • Roush axle back exhaust
  • Roush side scoops
  • Hydrocoat engine parts
  • Roush decklid panel
  • Strut tower brace
  • MMD hood scoop

Ordered a new chin spoiler and the black out pony for the grille

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not done today, but in the past few weeks...

New wheels/tires - SVE Drift in 19x9.5 with Nitto Invo 275/35ZR19 tires from LMR.com
Diode Dynamics switchback 4th brakelight/reverse light
Diode Dynamics tinted LED rear marker lights

·
Registered
99 Posts
I put Armor All on the tires cuz shiny=pretty.

Reactions: HPBJr and jwmc1

·
Registered
7 Posts
had a run on day

Got up Friday morning, decided it was time to replace the mufflers, went to the muffler shop that pulled off the resonator and had them put on Magnaflow Performance series mufflers, required welding in new exhaust pipe, and the 4" S/S tips don't look bad either. It rained Saturday, poor thing got dirty, so washed and waxed on Sunday, white looks soo good clean. Monday, contacted a local Ford dealership that has a body/paint guy that tints lights, so I pulled out my tail light assemblies and side markers and took them to him, picked them up at lunch today and installed, looks awesome! Waiting now for reply from a couple of places to quote me on installing lime green GT350 dual stripes on it, can't wait!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Got my title!

Made the last payment about a month ago, and the title came in the mail! She's mine now, all mine! :D

Reactions: jwmc1 and zhent

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did a kind of spur of the moment change. Added a carbon fiber rear window spoiler. Got it on eBay, but I like it.

Reactions: jwmc1

·
Registered
99 Posts
Zhent, you have the Cobb tune?

I just got one and am slowly figuring it out. Don't know enough to say if I like it or not. If you have any hints or advice for a tuning newbie, I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got one and am slowly figuring it out. Don't know enough to say if I like it or not. If you have any hints or advice for a tuning newbie, I'd love to hear it.
Having only done the intake so far, I'm running the Cobb Stage one tune. I'm planning on getting a custom tune done with tune+ once I do more mechanical upgrades. Honestly aside from putting on the new base tune I've not done much with the Cobb tuner.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I started out with Stage 0 just to be cautious, just went to Stage 1 this week. Mostly, I've kept it in slot 5/economy mode for highway driving and haven't pushed it hard yet. So far so good. I hope to get the Cobb CAI next month.

Are you still on original wheels and tires? I'm trying to figure out how to input the new tire circumference for my summer wheels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Let's see, updates...

Last month I did an intercooler upgrade, with a CP-e intercooler and Mishimoto pipes, promptly flashing my ECU to the OTS Cobb Stage 2 tune. This week I did new NGK 1 step colder plugs from Tune+ and Go Fast Bits DV+ bypass valve kit. Performance does seem impactged favorably by all of this, despite being over 100 degrees in Texas for most of the month.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm still at Cobb stage 1. Haven't decided if I want to get the intercooler upgrade just so I can run stage 2. I don't push my car very hard, and the temperatures here rarely get above 90. Maybe if I win the lottery - or the American Muscle $7000 parts giveaway - I'll take that step, but right now I'm happy with stage 1.

Anyway, Zhent, I hope you let us know how stage 2 works out for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
And it never stops.

I found a local DIY shop that rents out lift time by the hour. This allowed me to install the Gibson cat-back exhaust I picked up from AM.

I completely forgot to take an after photo with it in the air like I should have.

I'm getting a huge kick out of the new exhaust tone, and am finding myself driving more and more with the radio off, just to listen to the car run.

I also picked up some new race numbers for Autocross this weekend...

I'll be paying all of this off for a while...

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Mostly, I've kept it in slot 5/economy mode for highway driving and haven't pushed it hard yet.
I'm curious as to how the fuel economy is in the economy mode. Isn't that tune supposed to get better mileage than stock?

U.M.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm curious as to how the fuel economy is in the economy mode. Isn't that tune supposed to get better mileage than stock?

U.M.
Yes, there's a definite improvement in mileage for highway driving. I averaged 27 mpg before the Cobb tune, occasionally going a little over 30 highway. After I started using stage 5 I started averaging 30 mpg. I spent 6 hours on highways yesterday and found I could get 36 mpg at 60 mph, and 26 mpg at 85 mph. That's with manual transmission, 3.55 gears, stock intake and exhaust. YMMV.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Installed a strut tower brace yesterday. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think the steering feels tighter and more precise. It makes me happy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Installed a strut tower brace yesterday. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think the steering feels tighter and more precise. It makes me happy.

I agree...I thought it felt different, but I also didn't care because I liked it!
:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a productive week: Steeda Triax short throw shifter, carbon fiber drive shaft, BMRP street catback, and T-rex polished billet aluminum grille.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts