Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honeywell says that the US is their second largest growth market for Turbo's and they forsee a doubling in the number of Turbo equipped vehicles on the road by 2019...

Honeywell: US Turbo Market To Double By 2019 | The Truth About Cars

According to Autoblog, the U.S. is the second-fastest-growing market, with 38 percent of all new vehicles possessing a turbo by 2019 per a forecast by manufacturer Honeywell. The growth is fueled by both the CAFE target of 54.5 mpg by 2025, and consumer demand for more fuel-efficient vehicles.

·
Registered
470 Posts
how these turbo applications hold up in the long term is what interests me most, something that has me feeling uneasy about the idea of when warranty is up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, don't worry about that too much. With turbocharged cars it's always on your mind to upgrade your turbo, and longevity isn't a huge problem for most.

It's going to be really fun to see general Mustang enthusiasts warm up to the world of turbocharged performance! I cannot wait. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh, don't worry about that too much. With turbocharged cars it's always on your mind to upgrade your turbo, and longevity isn't a huge problem for most.

It's going to be really fun to see general Mustang enthusiasts warm up to the world of turbocharged performance! I cannot wait. :)
Absolutely. Anyone know just how big the turbo is in the Ecoboost Mustang? Wondering what big turbo options will be...

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's supposedly a Honeywell MGT2260 turbo, but not much information is out there yet about it. It's suspected to be an all new application for this platform.

https://garrett.honeywell.com/products/turbo-identification/

I couldn't find it on their site though, at least not yet. They don't list any application for the Ford Mustang yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts