Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 2017 Ecoboost Premium Convertible with less than 20,000 miles on it. I am having an issue where I am hearing a semi-loud rattling noise when going over small bumps. It seems to be louder at slower speeds and is loud enough for me to hear it over the radio when it is set on 8-10. It also appears to be loudest when I am using the brakes to slow down, but happens with or without the brakes being used. I have an appointment to take the car in to the Dealer on Wednesday, but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue so that I can have a few ideas about what to have the dealer check. I have read in a couple of places that there is a FSB on a couple of different bushings in the front end that could be the culprit, but wanted to possibly get a few other ideas before taking it in. The car is not modded in any way and is fully stock at the moment. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had an issue on my 2017 convertible, more of a clunk though on that side. Had to get the ball joint/control arm replaced on that side. There is still a sound on that side though, more noticeable at low speeds as you describe. But it isn't really a rattle.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Possibly the end links on the front sway bar?

U.M.

Reactions: MikeA73

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the car in today and they said that it was a loose bolt for the strut on the passenger side and that they have it fixed now and that they road tested it and it no longer makes the rattling noise. I'll see in about an hour when I pick it back up how it sounds. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope the fix works - I had my passenger-side control arm replaced under warranty at 33k miles to fix a loud "clunk" over bumps (2016 EcoBoost Convertible) and the service rep told me it's a fairly common occurrence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts