Registered
156 Posts
If you can't wait such as myself we'll have to add up :

10% import duty + admin costs
21% VAT
Initial Road tax (Guess about 4000,-)
yearly road tax (??)
Transport from US (??)

Was unable so far to figure out how much these taxes could be.
And not sure the actual US version will fit without changes (rear fog lights)

There are some combinations however for which we need to see the final US pricelist. Black wheels on PP won't do for me.
And woul love to have a GT front and hood vent openings on the premium EB model.

Guess we'll have to wait till the 20th to get a better view...

·
Registered
382 Posts
are you guys seriously contemplating importing? I mean the wait does not seem that gruelling from September '14 to early '15...

·
Registered
156 Posts
I figured out an import EB Premium would cost about 32K EURO (0.7$) with the options I'm lookng for .
Adding 2.5/3K for all the admin and shipment would bring it up to € 35K (worst case I guess)

The quotes I received so far (from regular mustang importers) are around 47K which is a huge difference making it worth waiting. Once EUR prices are known a 'rational' decision can be made.

Hope this won't take to long and suppose something will be announced once the CL final pre-registered fellows can start finalize their orders....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope that your calculations or correct and mine or wrong, but:

If i take my choice (ecoboost convertible) with some little extra's...
then the dealers profit, transport and taxes...46344€

Thats very close with te quotes you get.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I find it to be hugely wasteful to import one if you just have to wait a bit longer to get one where you live, it doesn't make sense. Unless you live right right on the other side of the boarder

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IT is possible that they keep the prices in the VS and Canada low (its still a low budget sportscar over there) and they raise the european price way up. So it is possible that with te low dollarprice it becomes more interesting to import. We still dont now the european prices.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If that's the case then it will be worth it for people to get together to import say.... a few at a time, split the shipping cost. But wouldn't they have to do changes to it to make sure it complies with regulations in EU?

·
Registered
156 Posts
If that's the case then it will be worth it for people to get together to import say.... a few at a time, split the shipping cost. But wouldn't they have to do changes to it to make sure it complies with regulations in EU?

- Rear fog light add on
- KPH is on it already even in second placement. Guess EU versions will have it as first and MPH in smaller print.
- Maybe red rear reflectors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts