Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice the oily watery soot in the tailpipes, I believe this is normal. But I've noticed it dripping on the ground, is that normal? I wonder if my fuel isn't quality, or if the soot mixture is just dripping enough it hits the ground? I hope its normal. I don't notice any smoke from the tailpipes or anything, the car seems to run fine, no check engine lights, no noticeable oil lost, I use 91 octane chevron, etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Have no worries ecostang2015 what you're seeing is completely normal. With the cooler weather there's more condensation than normal which has collected inside the engine and exhaust. This excess condensation is carried out the tailpipes until the motor & exhaust come up to full operating temperature and the excess condensation is evaporated due to the engine/exhaust heat. If you start your car in the early morning when it's been cool all night and just let it sit and idle the condensation will get pushed out the exhaust as it mixes with the existing soot left in the exhaust causing those little black puddles on the concrete.

U.M.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts