Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 mustang is only building half its potential boost and there is a wierd flutter like sound after i let off the throttle. Anybody got an idea of what it might be? I was think something with the bov or something disconected.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
My 2015 mustang is only building half its potential boost and there is a wierd flutter like sound after i let off the throttle. Anybody got an idea of what it might be? I was think something with the bov or something disconected.
First off... WELCOME to the forums!

Now before we start throwing guesses out there on what it could be can you tell us whether the car is modified or not (Performance-wise) and what modifications it currently has if any?

U.M.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happened to my 2016. Next drive cycle it was fine? I took it to the dealer and they ran it through the paces and said nothing was wrong. It also had a cylinder one misfire code when it did it. I have had it back for about a month now with no issues.
My only performance mod is a ROUSH stage one tune and CAI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It just happened to me today, was just driving down the street for about 30minutes in, was hot outside and all of sudden my engine didnt sound right, and noticed some turbo spooling noises that was much louder than usually after 2k rpm. pulled over to the side of the road turned off the car and restarted it.... and revved it the sound was gone after that???? Im not sure what happened so ill be taking it to the dealer this saturday to have them have a look...only 3.3k miles on it :( and already having this weird noise is something im not looking forward to

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Okay I fixed your YouTube link so it now embeds. Since you've only have 2 posts on these forums it restricts your ability to link to videos and stuff until you've made more posts. As for the issues... What I hear in your brief video above is what sounds like the BOV (Blow Off Valve) releasing turbo pressure. Are you stock or modified? If modified what's been changed?

U.M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts