Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a Mishimoto cold air intake yesterday, and today I put ~400 miles on the car with it installed.

Installation was fairly easy, though I had trouble with the pressure clamp on the turbo end. The coupler between the mandrel bent polished aluminum pipe and the turbo is molded silicone with the appropriate connections for the bypass valve and sensors. It's a really well put together kit and seems to work well to keep the intake temps down.

At low speed the turbo spool noise and the BPV sounds are amplified. So far I've managed to get a few sideways looks from people not expecting to hear turbo noises from a mustang.

Performance wise, I'm guessing that without a tune the new intake would make a nice little boost to performance. I've got a COBB stage 1 tune installed, and I do feel like this did add a little bit of oomph to the overall performance, but not as noticeable as it would be without the tune.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Mishimoto makes some quality stuff! However I'm not digging the chrome CAI from an esthetic point of view... doesn't really match anything else under the hood being the engine compartment is full of black plastic covers and such.

U.M.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They make a black powder coated version too, for those not wanting the "bling" under the hood.

I just keep thinking that this forum needs more people to contribute these things and make life easier on all of those following in our footsteps with teh ecoboot stangs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this post. My wife and I just bought a new to us ‘15 eco and have Been waffling on the Roush vs Mishimoto CAI. This sold us on the mishimoto as we hate the gaping hole look on the Roush where the filter is but worried the mishimoto may not have been “up to snuff”

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.