Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for catted Downpipe recommendations and possibly charge pipes. Pros and cons? Been talking to Ortiz performance and said they see nice gains there. Also how much does downpipe change exhaust sound if much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for a catted downpipe also. I have narrowed it down to 4 possiblities Kooks, Mishimoto, Borla and Corsa Sport. I loke the flaired doughnut gasket over a welded on flange. My car doesn't have a resonator so I am going 3" to a Y that attaches to the 2.25" tailpipes because I am keeping the Active Exhaust mufflers. I may have to go custom with the Y back to the factory tailpipes. There are some good options you just have to figure out how much you want to do to the exhaust system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for catted Downpipe recommendations and possibly charge pipes. Pros and cons? Been talking to Ortiz performance and said they see nice gains there. Also how much does downpipe change exhaust sound if much.
Charge pipe upgrade performance gains are minimal at best. Only reason to upgrade would be to fit an upgraded intercooler or turbo, also different BOV flange options. CVFab has the cheapest catted downpipe by far and I've never heard anything bad about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts