Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the group.

I have a 2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost performance package. It has 80k miles, the warranty is expired.
Aftermarket Exhaust, oil catch can Blow off valve.
2 weeks ago, I was flooring it on the highway and suddenly I lost most of the power and the engine was rattling. Check engine light came on. I got the P0015 code. (the exhaust camshaft timing for bank 1 is more retarded) I went to a repair shop, they opened the valve cover and oil pan. They told me the knocking sound is coming from the rod bearing and you gonna need to replace the engine. There are different reasons, most commonly they say is oil maintenance. The car runs fine when I start it in the morning but when I hit the gas, the knocking sound says kkkkkkk. There is knocking on IDLE. I want to upload a video to give a better explanation but I dunno how LOL. I don't have much hope for it because I didn't maintain the car very well like I didn't change the oil on time and I'm already planning to sell it as it's because I'm really broke with no job for a long time. I might get a 10k out of it. I was just wondering if this ever happened to one of you. Share your experience plz. Thank you.

Remember to change the oil on time! This is a good lesson.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts