Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everywhere I look it seems that the tuners stop at the 2017 model year. Has anyone started tuning for the 2018 with the new automatic? I am supposed to pick up my Royal Crimson with performance package on Friday and already starting to think about mods of course.:D

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Reactions: JimC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think I will wait and see how the tuners do with this one, rather than be one of the guinea pigs as they learn the new transmission.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Thanks. I think I will wait and see how the tuners do with this one, rather than be one of the guinea pigs as they learn the new transmission.
Yeah you never want to be the first on the block for something like this. Best to wait and see what others think and read a few reviews first. :)

U.M.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up with a change of plans. Was on my way to get the 2018 coupe with performance package when the sales guy said on the phone 'just a heads up, the sales manager made some changes' and suddenly the price and financing was all different. Told him "I'm not playing that game, I have the deal that you faxed to me yesterday afternoon after you talked with the sales manager and financing guy and you need to fix this". He called back and said that it was "better" but still not the same.

So walked away from the deal. Not going to buy from a place that has shady sales practices like that.

Went to a different dealer and ended up walking out with a certified pre-owned 2017 convertible.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Nice! Shouldn't be any problem finding a tuner for that model year. :D

U.M.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ended up with a change of plans. Was on my way to get the 2018 coupe with performance package when the sales guy said on the phone 'just a heads up, the sales manager made some changes' and suddenly the price and financing was all different. Told him "I'm not playing that game, I have the deal that you faxed to me yesterday afternoon after you talked with the sales manager and financing guy and you need to fix this". He called back and said that it was "better" but still not the same.

So walked away from the deal. Not going to buy from a place that has shady sales practices like that.

Went to a different dealer and ended up walking out with a certified pre-owned 2017 convertible.
The fact that dealers still do this garbage is insane to me. Good for you for not putting up with that!

Enjoy that '17!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I second this. My buddy has the 2018 eco and it is hard to find any mods for it out yet. I have a 2017 2.3L turbo and it is stock except from an upgraded intercooler and a ST9PRO module from sawyertuning. It resolved my turbo lag issues immediately and the website says it is available for the 2018 as well, but I would ask just to be sure. It seems we are always the last to get the newest updates for the mustang....

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I second this. My buddy has the 2018 eco and it is hard to find any mods for it out yet. I have a 2017 2.3L turbo and it is stock except from an upgraded intercooler and a ST9PRO module from sawyertuning. It resolved my turbo lag issues immediately and the website says it is available for the 2018 as well, but I would ask just to be sure. It seems we are always the last to get the newest updates for the mustang....
No way I would trust my car to a $140 "Chip". Especially one that brags about increasing torque by a whopping..... +35 ft/lbs! :eek: That ST9PRO is a "one size fits all" and if you are willing to gamble $140 for +35 ft/lbs more power to you. Just my 2 cents.

U.M.

Additionally... the website "Sawyer Tuning" has a URL ending with .is so it is based in Iceland of all places? Something just doesn't smell right to me....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would agree if I had not personally felt the difference before and after while riding in the car - BIG difference.
He also had it dynoed after the install and there was quite an improvement. I will try to see if I can get a copy. As for one size fits all, the website says it is custom programmed for one vehicle - the module he showed me had the year and model handwritten on it, so I assume it is not something you can just swap into another vehicle. I wouldn't care where a website is located, as long as their product works!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I would agree if I had not personally felt the difference before and after while riding in the car - BIG difference.
He also had it dynoed after the install and there was quite an improvement. I will try to see if I can get a copy. As for one size fits all, the website says it is custom programmed for one vehicle - the module he showed me had the year and model handwritten on it, so I assume it is not something you can just swap into another vehicle. I wouldn't care where a website is located, as long as their product works!
Custom programmed? Do you send them a list of your mods and then they personally build a special one-off tune for your car? Is that what you're saying?

I would love to see a genuine before and after dyno comparison, however a before and after set of time slips from the dragstrip would be even more beneficial IMHO.

U.M.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Talked to Cobb the other day and they said they are going to release a tune for the 2018 soon. 2019 they need to get their hands on one before they will be able to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts