Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my in dash power outlet stopped working, I checked the fuses and they were good. Does anyone know how to get the power outlet out? is there anything I can do instead of removing it?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
my in dash power outlet stopped working, I checked the fuses and they were good. Does anyone know how to get the power outlet out? is there anything I can do instead of removing it?
Since the fuse isn't blown try plugging in a different 12-volt accessory and see if it works. Maybe it's not the power plug, it's the device you're plugging into it that has failed.

U.M.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the fuse isn't blown try plugging in a different 12-volt accessory and see if it works. Maybe it's not the power plug, it's the device you're plugging into it that has failed.

U.M.
its the power outlet, nothing I plug into it works, but all the stuff works in other outlets. I can't get the socket out of the face plate, there are no videos on how to replace it or remove it. I'm sick of this car already. I've had electrical problems, engine problems, a/c vents break, the car is just one problem after the next.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
its the power outlet, nothing I plug into it works, but all the stuff works in other outlets. I can't get the socket out of the face plate, there are no videos on how to replace it or remove it. I'm sick of this car already. I've had electrical problems, engine problems, a/c vents break, the car is just one problem after the next.
Sorry to hear you're having so many issues.

To replace that 12v power outlet you'll need to remove the face plate which surrounds the stereo system. Doesn't look to hard to do. Watch this:

U.M.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I got to to the power outlet, I can't seem to actually pop it out
So you removed the radio face plate and now you can't remove the power outlet from the face plate?

U.M.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes! and furthermore, I can't even get the face plate all the way out, the two wiring harnesses are impossible to remove. why doesn't anyone explain how they removed the cables?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm done. None of these videos ever explain how they got the harnesses off, they just show you the end result, not very helpful.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a 4 year old design should have at least a few people messing with it to understand how it works and enable those people to make a video about it . Really most these videos lack whole pieces of information.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Sorry you're still having issues with this. Can you take a picture of it so we can see exactly what the issue might be?

U.M.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts