Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Ford Performance ProCal put on my 2015 Ecoboost, and the Mishimoto clone intercooler. Two questions: 1) I notice there is a rubber type flap that partly hangs over the intercooler. What is it? Wouldn't it reduce the effectiveness of the intercooler? 2) On acceleration, and then letting off the gas, sometimes I hear a popping, or clunking, sound -- not loud. I just recently had new tires put on the car (thank you Pirelli), so I don't know if it has something to do with the mods, or putting the tires on the car.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
What is a Mishimoto clone intercooler?

Anything that blocks air from passing through the intercooler will reduce it's effectiveness.

This sound is coming from the exhaust, or somewhere else?

U.M.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the Ford Performance ProCal put on my 2015 Ecoboost, and the Mishimoto clone intercooler. Two questions: 1) I notice there is a rubber type flap that partly hangs over the intercooler. What is it? Wouldn't it reduce the effectiveness of the intercooler? 2) On acceleration, and then letting off the gas, sometimes I hear a popping, or clunking, sound -- not loud. I just recently had new tires put on the car (thank you Pirelli), so I don't know if it has something to do with the mods, or putting the tires on the car.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Is this the sound you hear?

Listen @ 32 sec mark. Best with headset

1 - 6 of 6 Posts