Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Saturday the wife and I took the Mustang over to the Georgia state line to purchase some Lotto tickets. While navigating some of Alabama's back roads we had a small doe jump out in front of us. I hit the brakes as fast as I could, but it was too little, too late. We clipped a small doe dead center of the front bumper and flipped her over that car and into the ditch. She was D-R-T (Dead Right There). Good thing these Mustangs are built "Ford Tough"! I was expecting the front end to be mangled, but was pleasently surprised to see it really did very minor damage to the car. Crinkled up the paint a bit and broke out a small portion of the grill. I'm not going to replace that whole bumper cover for just this one small area.

Decided to replace the grill with one from RTR though. Ordered it the other day and it should be here by Wednesday. Ordered the matching lower grill too 'cause ya know you need the set so it looks right... ;)

U.M.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have deer whistles on my front bumper, got them at Canadian Tire for about $13. Nobody knows how effective they are, but at that price, why not try it? Since I put them on, I've only seen one deer on the road while I was driving and it moved away before I got close.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have deer whistles on my front bumper, got them at Canadian Tire for about $13. Nobody knows how effective they are, but at that price, why not try it? Since I put them on, I've only seen one deer on the road while I was driving and it moved away before I got close.
No need for the whistles down here. In the 18 years I've now lived in this state this is one of maybe 6 live deer I've seen out in the wild! Rarely see dead ones on the side of the road too. This was a freak occurrence for sure.

U.M.

New RTR grills are installed and I like them! Hardest part of the install was getting at those darn bolts hidden in the wheel wells to release the front bumper cover.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As deer hits go, yours isn't that bad...it's a bummer though.
Don't I know it! It was a clean hit and I took the legs right out from under that doe. I was expecting a lot more damage. Pleasantly surprised it was as minor as it was.

U.M.

Reactions: jwmc1

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm glad your mustang is okay. living in Nevada I can't seem to dodge rocks fast enough. I hit a few big rocks the size of softballs, and I have hit a dead animal carcass too. My mustang held up through all of it, and funny enough one of the rocks I ran over, my supervisor hit the same rock in his BMW 328I and it messed it up, the car shakes a lot and wanders a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts