Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mustang has been making weird noises for what seems almost as long as I have owned it. the wheels sound like they are howling, and the car seems a bit bouncy. I've had the tires checked and balanced, I've had the brakes checked, I've complained to Ford, they said they didn't see anything. could my problem be axle/wheel bearings? would most shops know what to look for?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Easy way to tell if you are having bearing issues is to jack up one wheel at a time and spin it. Does it spin freely? Do you hear crunching or unusual noises while it's spinning? If you grab the wheel on both sides can your wiggle it on the axle?

U.M.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i tried to make a video of the noises I was hearing.

https://youtu.be/_9lH68oQiz4

I am afraid to jack the car up myself, I think i might just have a shop look at it. I was going to check the ball joints and tie rod ends when i get time to look at the car. whats the best way to jack these cars up without causing damage?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I am afraid to jack the car up myself, I think i might just have a shop look at it. I was going to check the ball joints and tie rod ends when i get time to look at the car. whats the best way to jack these cars up without causing damage?
If you are going to use the stock jack which comes with the car I suggest you use the appropriate jacking locations which are identified in your owners manual. They can be found by looking for the "Triangle" markings located on the bottom of the trim panels on each side of the car.

U.M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts