Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all I can't seem to find a thread detailing this, but I'm thinking about adding a high stall torque converter, and tune as my first upgrade for the Ecoboost. Anyone have a high stall torque converter, or one that'll stall to around 3500 rpms. If so where'd y'all get it from?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Since the Ecoboost shares the same A/T as the V6 and GT models (6R80) there's a good selection to choose from out there, but they are pretty expensive and unless you are a serious drag racer you may want to think twice about spending that kind of money. Most of the decent TC's for the 6R80 are about $1000 give or take a hindered or so bucks. Are you looking for better ET's at the strip?

FYI... Most of the guys in my racing circles prefer TCI's offerings.

U.M.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the Ecoboost shares the same A/T as the V6 and GT models (6R80) there's a good selection to choose from out there, but they are pretty expensive and unless you are a serious drag racer you may want to think twice about spending that kind of money. Most of the decent TC's for the 6R80 are about $1000 give or take a hindered or so bucks. Are you looking for better ET's at the strip?

FYI... Most of the guys in my racing circles prefer TCI's offerings.

U.M.
I'm wanting to basically get off the line in the rpm range where we start really building boost right now i can't launch over 2k before it starts spinning. And yes I'm looking for better trap times. I'ma end up putting a cai, and tune on it anyways was just thinking about making this as a first upgrade and seeing how I compete against some buddies that have Cai and tunes. I can hang with them for a little but but kinda like 5.0s you can tell when they start pulling more air

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Don't you think if you are spinning the tires with a 2K launch off the line that brake-torquing to 3500 RPM's would spin the tires even more? You'll need much better traction to take advantage of a 3500 stall speed converter.

U.M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts