Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, I have had my ecoboost for about 6 months. I am currently running the boost @ 20psi , which is stock. I am producing [email protected] I could tighten up the wastegate and add another 6psi of boost, but am happy with 20psi cause I have been to 142-145mph.. I am curious if anyone here has seen 160mph yet. 142-145mph is extrememly fast. I don't know how in the world you can steer straight at 160mph.. LOL!

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
If you have the Performance Pack the speed limiter is set at 149MPH. You would need a tune to disable the speed limiter and attempt to reach 160. Steering straight at 160, if you can attain such a speed, would not be much of an issue. The aerodynamics of the S550 platform are pretty similar across the model line and they all handle solidly at the speed.

U.M.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.. Yes u are correct uncle meat, @142-145mph, I can feel the design of the car, with the wind pressure pushing the car to the ground.

I did my run on highway I-5 going towards Los Angeles. Nice and straight, and flat.

So you say the speed limiter is set to 149 huh? That is great. No need to turn it off, cause I'll never run the car that fast.. So kudo's to Ford for the speed limiter!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right uncle meat, attaining 160mph is a nice goal, which I guess I will do.

I will need to tighten up the wastegate to 25psi to attempt 149mph first.

For the record uncle meat, what is your top speed?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Your right uncle meat, attaining 160mph is a nice goal, which I guess I will do.

I will need to tighten up the wastegate to 25psi to attempt 149mph first.

For the record uncle meat, what is your top speed?
Well the car IS my wife's, but she lets me drive it occasionally! I pushed my wife's car to 124 the other day briefly. That's when the speed limiter kicked in. She doesn't have the Performance Pack and the car is currently stock except for a JLT CAI.

U.M.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello people, I have had my ecoboost for about 6 months. I am currently running the boost @ 20psi , which is stock. I am producing [email protected] I could tighten up the wastegate and add another 6psi of boost, but am happy with 20psi cause I have been to 142-145mph.. I am curious if anyone here has seen 160mph yet. 142-145mph is extrememly fast. I don't know how in the world you can steer straight at 160mph.. LOL!
I know you poasted this a long time ago but I'm from San Jose as well and was wondering if you know of a good shop to take the Ecoboost Mustang for some upgrades in the bayarea? Did you do the work yourself or take to a speed shop?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts