Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just got my mustang two days ago and the dealer filled it up with 87 Octane so my question is when I go to put 91 in will I have to pull a fuse or will the car just adjust?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I just got my mustang two days ago and the dealer filled it up with 87 Octane so my question is when I go to put 91 in will I have to pull a fuse or will the car just adjust?
No, the ECU will sense a lower/higher grade of fuel through knock sensors and adapt to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I Got my Mustang it had a full tank of gas and when I ran all that gas out I filled up with 93 octane and was pleasantly surprised at how much more power I had in the sport mode so they obviously filled it with 87 octane but the car ran fine on 87. But the power gains were so obvious I won't put 87 in the car again unless I am going on a long highway drive as it's much more fun to drive around town with the 93

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I bought mine the dealer filled it up with I'm assuming 87 and within 50 miles the check engine light came on. It stayed on til I got down to a half tank and filled it back up with 93. Has this happened to anyone else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts