Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Racing wants people to mod the EcoBoost engine using Ford-developed calibrations loaded into the ECU with a Ford Racing ProCal handset. This plugs into the diagnostic port and controls things like throttle mapping, idle speed, waste gate control, fuel curves, ignition timing, and more.

It seems that Ford wants to encourage people to tweak the electronics rather than the actual engine parts. This strategy for modding your car is much more affordable (the Ford Racing handset is $595) than buying actual parts. It also allows you to keep your warranty.

Sounds like fun and its affordable. Definitely something to look into in my opinion.

Ford Racing really wants you to mod EcoBoost engines

·
Registered
156 Posts
Count me in !

Wonder if EU ford dealers will have the ECU upgrade available as from day one...

This with the Borla exhaust and Roush 19" wheels : wishlist completed....

·
Registered
382 Posts
What frod racing doesn't want you to know is that someone will crack the maps and have them available for download to your DynoJet shortly :D

The kicker is the warranty, people have been doing this forever, Ford is charging you a premium over a PCM for warranty piece of mind...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that the appeal is that you keep your warranty. This stuff is already possible, but not legitimately. Turning somewhere other than Ford means you give up your warranty.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think that the appeal is that you keep your warranty. This stuff is already possible, but not legitimately. Turning somewhere other than Ford means you give up your warranty.
For many people that doesn't exactly matter... Also, it is easy enough to delete the tune before heading into the dealer for a checkup...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts