Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at getting the ford performance power pack for my 2015 ecoboost and was wondering what other people thought of the difference it makes for the car? And if it is ultimately worth the money or if i should look at other tunes and air intakes?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
i am looking at getting the ford performance power pack for my 2015 ecoboost and was wondering what other people thought of the difference it makes for the car? And if it is ultimately worth the money or if i should look at other tunes and air intakes?
I don't know if we have any active members on here who have gone with the Ford Perf pack yet. At least I haven't seen anyone do a write up about it yet.

...and welcome to the forum canadianecoboost! :D

U.M.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did anyone ever get this tune and do a write up? Some decent reviews on CJponyparts but would like more info if anyone has done it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I came here looking for reviews other than those in CJ, because I just did mine today and the car seems to be slower. Very disappointing at the moment. Based on some of CJ reviews it takes time for the car to learn and adjust, possibly more than 200 miles. So, I will keep testing it and will update after the 200 miles or before if something noticeable happens. Hopefully I'll be as happy as they guys that wrote the reviews in CJ.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I came here looking for reviews other than those in CJ, because I just did mine today and the car seems to be slower.
Can you please divulge exactly what the Ford Performance Power Pack consisted of that you "did"? Was it just the CAI and tune?

U.M.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you please divulge exactly what the Ford Performance Power Pack consisted of that you "did"? Was it just the CAI and tune?

U.M.
Power pack contains the CAI the tune and calibration tool. Once you "married" the calibration tool to your car it can only be used for that car. It will download into it the original flash from your car in case you want to revert the tune. If you buy it from a dealer they have to give you the calibration tool. I ordered online from Summit and Steeda did the installation for me since they are a ford performance authorized dealer.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Power pack contains the CAI the tune and calibration tool. Once you "married" the calibration tool to your car it can only be used for that car. It will download into it the original flash from your car in case you want to revert the tune. If you buy it from a dealer they have to give you the calibration tool. I ordered online from Summit and Steeda did the installation for me since they are a ford performance authorized dealer.
Oh I'm fully aware how the tuners work. I was just curious if he had done anything besides the basic CAI & Tune included in the Ford Perf Pack.

U.M.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just went into a chat with Ford Performance and they confirmed that it takes time for the car to learn the tune. See a portion of the transcript below.

R says:
It will take time for the PCM to learn the calibration and the octane of fuel. On the Ecoboost mustang it has to go through a learning process every time the PCM is flashed.
R says:
Horsepower and torque gains will not be optimized until fuel octane is learned.

okay, so I have to give it some time to adapt

R says:
Yes, if you want to speed it up go out and do come pulls in 4th gear from 40 to 70 MPH. Do that about a dozen times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my update. The car does take time to learn the tune and fuel octane. The tune works and you can feel it. The torque in the lower rpm is even stronger and you can feel the improvement on the higher rpm's which is the week spot of this cars. In other words, its a better car, its more responsive on a wider power band, and keeping your warranty its priceless. Recommended. Hope this help...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, new guy here, got my new white ecoboost as a bucket list item at 70 yrs old, and today I had the Ford Performance kit installed. The GT350 air cleaner system is huge compared to the original, looks really cool. I drove it about 50 miles once it was completed and my impressions were: starting line take off is still sluggish (4 cyl carrying 3600lbs I guess), but after that, wow, really worth the bucks! Just a light touch on the pedal at any speed above 40 gives a nice push in the seat, without downshifting two or three times (it's an automatic). Paddle shifting down to third at 50 and hitting it too the floor is too much fun, I have a new whoosh, and the exhaust is nicer (I already did a resonator eliminator), it's a blast, no more flat spot after 5000RPM, it pulls all the way to 6500 and it's still making power. 120 mph comes way too fast, and here in the New Orleans area we have a lot of State Troopers out for Easter so I had to stay restrained. I'm a happy and proud old man! I got the kit from Levittown Ford in Hicksville, NY, they had it for $506.00 instead of $699.00 and the local dealer I bought from installed it for $187.50, my favorite muffler shop did the Y pipe for $149.00 yesterday, so for about $900.00 I added about 40 hp and 60 lbs. ft. of toque, a lot quicker and easier than the days of changing cams, adding bigger four barrels, headers, etc. I'm really glad now that I sprang for the Performance Package on the car which gives me the 3.55 rear gears. I love this car.
Jim
Destrehan, La

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Power Pack Rocks

Hi,
Got my ECU programmed and Gt350 intake system installed at dealer. Makes a big difference with my automatic, in sport good shift kit now. My 0-60 went from 6.2 to 5.5 seconds !:eek:
Will run it for a while to get the computer to tweek the ecu.
Perry

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Learing how to drive the turbo

Hi,
Took the Ruby Red Stang out for a couple practice runs.....0-60 mph. Best run is 5.3 seconds paddle shifting at 5700 rpm. It snaps into next gear when in sport mode:) Have to be gentle on the gas as it will light the tires easily now:)
Will put more miles on it and try again.
Perry

·
Registered
7 Posts
wish I could light my tires

I've tried many times, but even with the mods done to it I can only make the big 19's if I power brake to about 3500RPM then slam it to the floor, but this thing really runs with the performance pack on it, it pulls hard to over 6500RPM, smoothly and cleanly, much nicer than before the performance pack. Top speed is supposed to be 149 mph, I don't know if it will do that but I clocked mine at 126 mph on my GPS and I wasn't trying very hard, didn't realize I was going that fast til I noticed it on the top of the GPS (Garmin, not Ford). As hard as it was pulling I wouldn't doubt the claim of 149. Anyone tried a top end?

·
Registered
2 Posts
More input about Performance Calibration Kit

Hello guys,

Just to give you more input about this question for all those interested in this kit.

I own a Mustang EB Premium with Performance Package and today I pick up it from the dealer after installing the Ford Performance Calibration Kit (M-9603-M4)

I made the upgrade in Ford Plantation in Florida.

- It took them one week to make the recalibration. It seems that they had a lot of problems downloading the software to the car and finally they had to change the dongle.
- By now (only driving from the dealer to the office, 10 miles) I have to say that I didn't notice too much difference. Maybe, a little bit more "linear" response, but, honestly I wouldn't be able to say if it is due the kit or the Placebo's effect...

As some colleagues have said before, it is a question to let the ECU addapt to the program. Lets see and I will come back with more impressions.

Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
More boost

Hi,
Put your gauges on boost and watch how much there is, it should pull 2 or 3 lbs more, right at 20 psi now and you will feel the extra push. The ecu download only takes 20 minutes so they may not have done it correctly. The noise coming out of the new air intake system is great:)
Perry

·
Registered
9 Posts
quicker shifts now

Hi,
The shifts in sport mode are a lot firmer. I can chirp the tires going into 2nd gear!>:D
Overall the mustang feels like it pulls harder everywhere, smooth power so you get up to high speeds before you know it.
P

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Boost

Hi,
I put it on the digital readout for boost as the gauge only goes up to 20 psi. I can get a good 21.3 psi now:D
P

1 - 20 of 30 Posts