Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to the forum and to modding cars. My question is what would be better for getting a 1-2 inch drop on the 2018 mustang ecoboost lowering springs or coil over? And what would be the pros or cons for each?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Sorry I'm not going to be much help on this topic. Never was much into "lowering" my vehicles. Heck my Vette scrapes on too much crap now and it sits at normal ride height!

U.M.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You've seen my answer before, but I'll post it up to get conversation going.

I did coilovers for a couple of reasons. One I could tune the spring rate, the lowering springs are a set rate and what you buy is what you get. You can get coil overs in 50# rates incrementing from 150 up to 700#. The choice in shocks for coil over set ups is tremendous and adjustability is there as well.

I thought I'd change ride height more than I do, however having adjustability allows for corner balancing and getting the weight transfer just right.

I believe the better choice for the street and normal driving (with the looks of the drop) is a set of good quality progressive springs. That being said, like anything I put into my suspension, I don't cheap out -- I'll go with a US company that has good support, a good track record and history to go with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts