Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Ford Mustang GT is selling like gangbusters in the U.K.

For decades, the Ford Mustang wasn’t available in international markets, but that all changed with the newest-generation model and enthusiasts worldwide have wasted no time getting behind the wheel of one. In the U.K., the Mustang is available with either the four-cylinder EcoBoost engine or the Coyote V8 and it appears that U.K. car enthusiasts have been hungering for a good ‘ol American V8. According to Ford, 70 percent of the initial 2,000 orders for the Mustang in the U.K. were for the 5.0-liter V8 model, while 55 percent of all Mustang buyers are opting for the six-speed manual transmission.

After the new Ford Mustang went on sale in the U.S. last year, the American automaker revealed that 52 percent of U.S. buyers were taking the V8 model, while the remaining 48 percent were split evenly between the four-cylinder EcoBoost and V6 models. It’s worth noting that the V6 isn’t offered in the U.K., so if shoppers want pure performance, the V8 is the only realistic way to go.

Of course, if you had to wait half a century for the Mustang to go on sale in your market, you’d probably opt for the top-of-the-line model too.
Read more about Brits Proportionally Buying More V8 Ford Mustangs Than Americans at
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.