Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Best Exhaust?!

42K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Barry 
#1 ·
What is the best aftermarket exhaust ?

#8 ·
What's the best exhaust to put on a convertible? From what I understand there is a structural support that limits pipe size on the convertible?
First I've heard of this!? As far as aftermarket exhausts I don't see any of them listed with a caveat stating they are not compatible with a 'Vert.

U.M.

#10 ·
Where do you suggest to look? I've been seeing quite a few that say "*Fastback Only". I think even the Cobb Tuning setup says that. The limitation may be on the larger downpipe though? I'm definitely a novice. Just got my car last week.
Okay I did some sleuthing on the interwebs and found out the S550 Mustang 'Vert's have an extra support brace to help stiffen the chassis. I posted a picture below for reference. Looks like some exhaust systems will not clear the brace. I also saw where some owners had modified the brace in order to provide additional clearance. Heck, one guy used a hydraulic press and just bent the brace enough so it would clear the pipes.

So you got two choices. Purchase a system that specifically states it will fit the convertible model, or buy whatever system you want and be prepared to make some modifications.

U.M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.