Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my tunes back from Bama. 91 performance and 93 race tunes. Well see how Ecoburner does with the new tune. Will fill the car with 93 gas and tune it when the tank is almost empty. If the car is happy then I'll probably stick to 93 gas and never look back.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
So why the thread title of "93 gas on 91 perf tune"? Is that a statement, or a question?

U.M.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a statement. I have been running 87 gas in the car since I bought it. I only just got around to tuning it for 91 gas and running 93 gas. Car runs much better and feels quicker. I dont think I will be going back to 87 gas again in this car.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Just a statement. I have been running 87 gas in the car since I bought it. I only just got around to tuning it for 91 gas and running 93 gas. Car runs much better and feels quicker. I dont think I will be going back to 87 gas again in this car.
You still have me a bit confused with your statements. The car comes from the factory with the ability to self-tune based on the octane of fuel used. Are you saying you have/had a custom 87 octane tune in the car all this time and that tune has now been modified for 91 or 93?? :confused:

We've run nothing but 93 in our Ecoboost since we bought it and we're still on the stock factory calibration.

U.M.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry if I'm sounding confusing. I had been previously filling up the car with 87 gas when I bought it. I had BAMA send me an 87 performance tune when I did some mods to the car. I have recently had BAMA send me a tune for 91 gas and started to fill up the car with 93 gas. I have no intention of going back to 87 gas hence the reason for the 91 tune.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Ah! Makes sense now... Do you happen to have access to E85 in your area by chance? I wonder if there's much to be gained by getting a specific tune for corn squeezins'. >:D

U.M.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not too many e85 stations in northern VA. Gas is pretty expensive up here which is why i ran 87 for the longest time. I'm sure the gains would be decent for the EcoBoost on corn but availability is the biggest concern for me. The car runs great on 93 for now and makes plenty of power for what it has. Maybe when I upgrade the turbo and put the car on the track, I'll try out some e85 with a tune

1 - 7 of 7 Posts