Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this question a little while ago, but was probably too wordy and didn't really get to the point very well.

I have a complete resonator-back 2018 GT exhaust which is 2.5" pipe from the factory. I want to install this and use a resonator delete y-pipe. The problem is, all of the y-pipes I have seen online are all designed, obviously, for the factory ecoboost 2.25" piping. I have seen some that advertise as 2.5", but neck down at y-pipe exits. How can I make one of these y-pipes work with the 2.5" GT exhaust?

Any ideas are welcome!

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I asked this question a little while ago, but was probably too wordy and didn't really get to the point very well.

I have a complete resonator-back 2018 GT exhaust which is 2.5" pipe from the factory. I want to install this and use a resonator delete y-pipe. The problem is, all of the y-pipes I have seen online are all designed, obviously, for the factory ecoboost 2.25" piping. I have seen some that advertise as 2.5", but neck down at y-pipe exits. How can I make one of these y-pipes work with the 2.5" GT exhaust?

Any ideas are welcome!

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually I just did this like 3 days ago on my 18 Eco Vert Prem. Factory GT exhaust off a 19 GT. CVF resonator delete. Since the CVF delete is 2.5 you will need new clamps. See link 1 below clamps get the 2.5 to 2.5 this will match the CVF delete (link 2). It sounds amazing. I will say I plan to take it to an exhaust shop to have it properly welded and remove the clamps since its tough to get both sides of the exhaust to line up exactly right. Was 80 for the factory GT exhaust and 80 for the GT valance and 134.99 for the delete worth it. I can take some pics and sound if needed but I still need to get the passenger side lined up better since its about 3/4 inch lower than the other side. FYI its a pain just on ramps with 2 people to get it exactly lined up right.

Clamps
CVF Delete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts