Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard whether Ford will be offering a performance tune for the 2018 Ecoboost engine, like they do for the 2015-17? Given that the torque rating is higher for the 2018, I assume the base tune is slightly different to begin with, meaning the previous performance tune might not be applicable to the 2018s.

Thanks.
Roger

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I don't see why they wouldn't. I would expect to see a new Ford backed performance calibration coming very soon.

U.M.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Called Ford Performance Tech line. He said not to use the 2017 tune it will not work on the 2018. They are working on the 2018 should be this summer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ford Performance tune for 2018

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if the Performance Calibration Kit would work on my 2018 Mustang. I'll just hold on to my wallet a few more months.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Extensive google search today on 2018 mustang ecoboost performance pack -or- CAI kit -or- calibration tune from FORD all came up with no info found :-( Looks like you still need to wait a little longer. But it should be even better than the 2015 - 2017 FPP which works great on my 2017!

·
Registered
11 Posts
So in looking at the timeline, the 2015's would have hit late 2014, right? Press release for the initial FPP was October of 2016, so roughly two years. Would a similar timeline apply to the 2018's? If so we may have to wait till 2019 for this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2018-2018 Ford Performance Tune stats

Ford Performance claims:
Fits 2018-19 Mustang EcoBoost with manual or automatic transmissions
Horsepower and torque gains throughout the powerband
35 HP peak gain at 2,900 RPM
76 Lb.Ft. Torque peak gain at 2,600 RPM
Exclusive Ford Performance warranty when dealer installed
Ford Performance calibrations are 50 state legal with CARB EO
Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule
Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles
Premium (91 octane or higher) fuel only

1 - 14 of 14 Posts