Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I picked up my new 2018 Ecoboost Mustang, 6M, Performance Pack, Lightning Blue. After almost 30 yrs of car buying, this represents two "firsts" for me; 1) First American car I have ever bought, new or used, and 2) First new car I bought in a color other than black. I am really impressed with this car, especially the performance value that this represents. I have been participating in HPDE events for over 20 years, driving only Porsches. A few years ago I picked up an '86 944 Turbo, which was my first turbocharged car. This really opened my eyes to the performance potential of a turbo four (and the unreliability of 30 year old electronics!). When Ford launched the Ecoboost Stang in 2015, along with the IRS upgrade, I started to pay attention to this car. It seemed like just about everything I read was good (or at least sounded good to me!). After reading about some of the further enhancements for 2018, I decided to pull the trigger. I've only owned it for a day, but so far, I love it. I can't wait till the weather warms up (in Chicago) so I can get this thing out to the track (Road America!).

Roger

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Welcome to the forum Roger! Enjoy that turbo pony!

U.M.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts