Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ford is to give us a preview of the Mustang Shelby GT350 on September 19th, but until then we have this spy shot of a test mule filling up at a Denver gas station. Some things to notice in the pictures: the large hood bulge, the aggressive rear apron, and black stripe taillights which can be seen under the camo. Do you notice anything else interesting about these test mules?

·
Registered
382 Posts
The wheel covers for one, and two the 2 cars seem to have different degrees of hood bulges. So I'm not sure if the bulge itself may be camoflage. GT350 is supposed to be a NA flat plane 5.2L 8, the GT500 needed the hood bulge to house the massive supercharger, now with out that packaging constraint there should be no need for a bulge...

As for the wheel covers I'm positive they're covering up MASSIVE brembos under there. Would be interesting to see what kind of rubber they're running as well...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brembo brakes are probably being hidden under there, I agree.

Your point about the hood bulge is interesting though. Either it is two different models testing here, or (and I think this is less likely) the hood bulge is just there to throw us off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts