Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a 180 reversal its now being rumoured the S550 actually gained weight with the redesign, not shedding as was believed. From Steeda:

Our work is cut out for us because unbeknown to most Mustang aficionados (and not “officially” confirmed by Ford for obvious reasons), the 2015 Mustang ended up gaining 200-300 pounds in this remake – and with weight being the “enemy of performance”, there are plenty of challenges needed to ensure that the 2015 iteration of America’s favorite Pony Car isn’t left at the starting line spinning its wheels against the competition.

That is where Steeda Autosports will make a big difference.
HMMMMMMM

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have read that the 2015 Mustang V6 will weigh as much as the outgoing V8-powered Mustang GT. That is around 3,600 to 3,675 pounds, depending on transmission choice. For comparison, the 2014 Mustang V6 weighs about 3,500 pounds. The 2015 V8 Mustang will probably be even heavier then.

So it will be heavier, but not 300 pounds heavier.

The 2015 Ford Mustang Really Will Gain Some Weight

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read that the 2015 Mustang V6 will weigh as much as the outgoing V8-powered Mustang GT. That is around 3,600 to 3,675 pounds, depending on transmission choice. For comparison, the 2014 Mustang V6 weighs about 3,500 pounds. The 2015 V8 Mustang will probably be even heavier then.

So it will be heavier, but not 300 pounds heavier.

The 2015 Ford Mustang Really Will Gain Some Weight
The jalopnik boys compared the V6 to the V8 yet conveniently left the weight gain of the V8 untouched. And what I also find funny is their source of authority is an unnamed source and Jalopnik has a history of chastising other publications for using unnamed sources.

I put very little weight in what they have to say, its typical Jezebel click baiting ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
The jalopnik boys compared the V6 to the V8 yet conveniently left the weight gain of the V8 untouched. And what I also find funny is their source of authority is an unnamed source and Jalopnik has a history of chastising other publications for using unnamed sources.

I put very little weight in what they have to say, its typical Jezebel click baiting ;)
Which makes me wonder if anyone has baited out what they do publically.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think that we just don't know the weight of the new V8 model yet. Is that information anywhere?

I'll agree with the unnamed source thing though. It always is something to be skeptical about.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that we just don't know the weight of the new V8 model yet. Is that information anywhere?

I'll agree with the unnamed source thing though. It always is something to be skeptical about.
MY point being that Steeda offered us informationt hey saw with their own eyes and equipment. They said that and came out with it, Jalopnik cites an unnamed source claiming the opposite of what Steeda had just said immediately after Steeda said it.

Sounds, smells and looks like click baiting at its finest. ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
MY point being that Steeda offered us informationt hey saw with their own eyes and equipment. They said that and came out with it, Jalopnik cites an unnamed source claiming the opposite of what Steeda had just said immediately after Steeda said it.

Sounds, smells and looks like click baiting at its finest. ;)
I can see what you are saying, but whether the information is accurate or not, Jalopnik would have an interest in writing the article anyways. SO we can be more skeptical about their information, but I don't think that we should discount it altogether. Other than the unnamed source, the information that they lay out could be true.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts