Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to swap a Ford Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost into my 1993 Mazda Miata for my weekend track car. Been working a bit with a junked block my dealership had to work out the fitment issues. What is worrying me about this project is the computer to run everything. Anyone out there know if there are aftermarket ECU's available or if the OEM one can be flashed and reprogramed to not go nuts when it realizes it is not sitting in a Mustang? If it matters, I plan to run all my gauges off of aftermarket gauges (AutoMeter, Stack, etc) to avoid having to make 24 year old Mazda gauges work with brand new Ford sensors, I did it with a 2005 Toyota V8 motor in a 1985 Corolla once and it was months of trial and error and headaches. Just looking for some guidance on where to start with engine management before I get too deep with my fabrications of the mounts. Hopefully I am in the right subsection of the forum, it's not really a performance question (especially since I will only want the factory 300hp and no more) but I can see how it might fit there too. If I have missed a forum that already discusses this, I apologize. I have been trying to research this for a month now and have turned up nothing here or anywhere.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts