Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody just wondering what everybody's 0-60 times are. We can compare and contrast different things we have done to our cars to see what we can do to improve our times. Just post some of the mods you have done and your 0-60 times if you know what they are!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
My car is a daily driver and I want it to last for many years, so I'm going easy on it... most of the time. Occasionally I get the urge to see what she's got and I'll open up Track Apps and see what I can do without pushing it too hard. 6.9 is the quickest I've done so far. I know she'll be quicker if I really pop the clutch and smoke the tires first, but I don't like doing things like that. I might try again later this week after I put in a Cobb CAI.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea my car is a daily driver...but I'm like screw it haha i still want to go fast every once in a while as well. I took a pass at it last night and my fastest time was at 5.2s 0-60. I haven't tuned my car but I have done some other things i would be interested to hear your results after you put the CAI in.

·
Registered
99 Posts
6.7 with the CAI and driving it the same way I did before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is a DD and a drop top. Have the FRPP power tune just settling in...less than 100 miles...best so far 5.0 with chirping tires...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just did a pass the other day and i got 5.1s for my 0-60. Not bad but i have 265 tires in the back and 255 in the front so my tires never were "chriping".

·
Registered
99 Posts
What size wheels are you guys using? I have 20 inch aftermarket wheels, which look great and are a little better for mileage, but I figured I'd lose a little acceleration.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whoa, 6.9 0-60 is not much faster than my Prius! It gets to be a lot more fun with a tune, exhaust, and cold air, and low five second 0-60 times, I don't miss the Prius!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea even before i did anything to my car i was closer to 6 than i was 7. Are you guys driving auto or stick?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Auto gives an obvious advantage. My friend from DSRLeasing had 6.4 in 0-60, I consider it really good. I can't say mine as I'm not eco driver, not yet at least

·
Registered
99 Posts
Stick for me. The Cobb tuner has the flat-foot shift function, and I'm trying to get used to that. It's hard to overcome the muscle memory that makes my right foot lift when I shift.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got it down to 6.4 today, must be getting the hang of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
5.0 - 5.3

2016 ecoboost convertible with amodded intercooler, cai, downpipe, magna flow catback... and running OTS cobb stage 3 - I'm hitting consistent 5.3's, 5.0 was my best time

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2016 ecoboost convertible with amodded intercooler, cai, downpipe, magna flow catback... and running OTS cobb stage 3 - I'm hitting consistent 5.3's, 5.0 was my best time

Hey did you put the intercooler in yourself or did you have a shop do it? I want to know how much it cost you if you had a shop put it in. I am thinking about getting the mishimoto intercooler and piping for it but i dont know how much it would cost to get it installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
install of the intercooler, charge pipes and replacement grille took me 5 hours. Think about paying that in labor at most shops. It would have been $625+ to have my local shop do it, or an enjoyable day in my own garage.

·
Registered
99 Posts
6.2 today. Sure would be nice to get it down into the 5's before I have to put snow tires back on. I think I just need more practice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I figured out one of the things I've been doing wrong. Turned off the traction control and the next 2 runs were at 5.8 seconds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I figured out one of the things I've been doing wrong. Turned off the traction control and the next 2 runs were at 5.8 seconds.
Hey Sarge,

If your traction control is on and you hold down the traction control button for like 5 seconds you will have something like "advance traction control off" and that is even better then just turning your traction control off it might improve your time as well.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts