What did you do to your Ecoboost Mustang today? - Page 2 - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 67 Old 02-07-2017, 03:45 AM

Garage
I bought a K&N drop in filter. Have not noticed anything really besides for slightly more turbo noise, still wish there was more spooling sound though.

post #12 of 67 Old 03-12-2017, 11:33 PM

Do you think there are any ill effects from taking off the engine covers? Additional heat in the engine compartment, noise, heated hood issues?
post #13 of 67 Old 03-13-2017, 11:20 AM

Garage
I took off my engine cover a few months ago when I put in an intake manifold spacer; the cover won't fit anymore. I haven't had any trouble driving it this winter, and I'd like to think the engine will stay a little cooler in the summer.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 67 Old 03-15-2017, 10:24 PM

Garage
Installed an MMD hood strut kit. I'd add in pictures but the forum rules won't allow it...
post #15 of 67 Old 03-16-2017, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhent View Post
Installed an MMD hood strut kit. I'd add in pictures but the forum rules won't allow it...
MMD? I put an MRT hood strut kit on my wife's. heck that was one of the first mods I performed on all my Mustangs! I hate those darn prop rods.

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6 (Sold)
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #16 of 67 Old 03-16-2017, 08:40 PM

Garage
I think all Ford dealers should install a hood strut kit before the cars leave the lot, just for their own ease of maintenance.
post #17 of 67 Old 03-31-2017, 05:01 PM

Garage
Today was the installation of a Mishimoto Cold Air Intake...

jwmc1 and HPBJr like this.
post #18 of 67 Old 04-01-2017, 02:32 PM

Garage
I've been thinking about a CAI. Let us know how you like the Mishimoto. Any problems installing it? How does it affect performance? Acceleration? Mileage?

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman
post #19 of 67 Old 04-13-2017, 06:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
I've been thinking about a CAI. Let us know how you like the Mishimoto. Any problems installing it? How does it affect performance? Acceleration? Mileage?
I really like it so far.

Installation was pretty easy. I did encounter two problems:
1. I had trouble with the pressure clamp on the turbo. With the clamp on the silicon tube it didn't want to go on the turbo, and if I opened the clamp it wouldn't close around the turbo inlet. I ended up re-using the clamp from the stock intake.
2. The airbox uses one of the ground points behind the headlight as a mounting point. This worked fine for two days, but doesn't give a good enough ground since the box itself is powder coated. I ended up re-locating the ground to another point nearby.

Performance seems good, though I'm sure some of that is just in my head. Since I'm running the Cobb Stage 1 tune, I haven't noticed any gains, but the sound is awesome. With the open element you can really hear the intake and bypass noise, and I love that. Because of that though I have tended to be a little heavy on the pedal just to hear it sing.

and of course TODAY I drove it!

post #20 of 67 Old 04-14-2017, 01:43 PM

Garage
Thanks, zhent. I haven't picked a CAI yet. It's good to know what can happen installing the Mishimoto.

I finally got my Mishimoto oil separator installed. It's only been on a couple hundred miles, so it's a little early to check it and see how much it's collecting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page