S197 vs S550: Side by Side Pictures - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

S197 vs S550: Side by Side Pictures

I adore the new roofline, very classic shape. You can tell the changes were evolutionary not re-evolutionary, I'm ok with that. Aside from the lost decade that is the Mustang II the mustang has been steadily evolving over the last 50 into a truely world class vehicle.

post #2 of 8 Old 12-10-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I adore the new roofline, very classic shape. You can tell the changes were evolutionary not re-evolutionary, I'm ok with that. Aside from the lost decade that is the Mustang II the mustang has been steadily evolving over the last 50 into a truely world class vehicle.
Amen to the new roofline. Thanks for posting up the pictures. Since i got a good glimpse of them together i have to say that the s197's body lines look dated. I really can't complain about the new look.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-10-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustang33 View Post
Amen to the new roofline. Thanks for posting up the pictures. Since i got a good glimpse of them together i have to say that the s197's body lines look dated. I really can't complain about the new look.
agreed S550 already makes the last gen look so poor. Although i was never a fan of last gen i much prefered the original retro style from '05.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-11-2013, 02:35 PM

I expected the new Mustang to stay similar to the previous one

Some of the renderings of the Mustang prior to it coming out made it look like a Ford fusion.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-11-2013, 04:25 PM

Great comparison. Looking at the S550 you can see how much better it's design is, it leaner, sleeker, and just overall what a modern day mustang needs to be.

post #6 of 8 Old 12-12-2013, 01:42 PM

I'm still trying to decide if the flowing glass from the door to the rear pillar was a good idea or not.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-12-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangin View Post
I expected the new Mustang to stay similar to the previous one

Some of the renderings of the Mustang prior to it coming out made it look like a Ford fusion.
Yes, they were getting grief for that but now its all out in the open I really don't think the s550 looks anything like the fusion to be honest.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-12-2013, 06:04 PM

At least they didn't keep it wrapped under camo, got to love Ford for that. Can't wait to see the special editions now. How much longer for those?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page