Sport Suspension Stiffness? - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-22-2014, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Sport Suspension Stiffness?

To those of you with the sport package I'm curious about the stiffness of the suspension. I've been hearing that it may actually be too stiff for day to day living. I had one out with the sport pack over the weekend, and wasn't overly jarred by it, but then again the majority of the time was spent on the freeway and I wasn't able to bench mark it against a standard car...

Any input is appreciated, Cheers!

post #2 of 5 Old 07-16-2017, 07:58 PM

Garage
Just got back from a 300+ mile trip. Side roads, freeway and some twisty narrow stuff. The Performance Package Suspension is great for a day drive, long distance is another story. On good roads, it is smooth and very nice. On rough roads or in work zones, it is a bone shaker. Not much different than my old Nissan Titan for everyday cruising back and forth to work. Just my 2 cents. On/Off Ramps are a blast when you can out handle almost any other car in the corners!
post #3 of 5 Old 07-16-2017, 10:29 PM

Garage
Perception is subjective. I've heard people say that the PP suspension is too stiff for them, but that's not what I've found. I daily drive mine with and enjoy the stiffer suspension, but thought it wasn't aggressive enough, so lowered it on Eibach Pro-line coils, and stiffened up the front with the strut brace and Steeda lower K brace.

So of course, your perception may vary, but I found it a great starting point.

2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost PP - Steeda - Eibach - Mishimoto - SVE Wheels - Nitto - Turbosmart - Diode Dynamics - CP-e - GoFastBits - NGK - Gibson Exhaust - Tune+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-02-2017, 02:51 PM

I haven't found any stiffness actually, though I talked to a guy recently owning "16 ecoboost and he told me he felt it a bit on longer roads and difficult terrains. Depends on where you do drive as well I guess.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-03-2017, 02:12 PM

Garage
I'm comfortable with the performance package suspension on my daily driver. It's a little stiffer on rough roads than a big luxury sedan, but not so much that it takes away the fun of driving it.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page