Performance Mod Wishlist - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-09-2018, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Performance Mod Wishlist

So here is what I am thinking of doing to my Convertible Ecoboost Convertible, want to get any opinions from those that have walked before me.

When it becomes available for the 2018, the Ford performance calibration kit:

M-9603-M4

I have 3.31 gears, so thinking of moving to the 3.55

And the final item:

Ford performance by Borla Touring exhaust:

M-5200-M4TCA

All I am looking to do is get a modest increase in power, that is delivered a little more smoothly across the power band, along with a deeper exhaust (not trying to sound like a V8, as that will never happen and after driving the Coyote V8, the sife said '**** no')

Does the upgraded exhaust add any performance, or just sound? I really just want free flowing exhaust, a little deeper, but definitely don't want to sound like a civic with a coffee can muffler.

Does this seem like a decent path to go down? Should i wait until the ford performance tune becomes available before i start anything?
post #2 of 2 Old 09-20-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie-tuco View Post
So here is what I am thinking of doing to my Convertible Ecoboost Convertible, want to get any opinions from those that have walked before me.

When it becomes available for the 2018, the Ford performance calibration kit:

M-9603-M4

I have 3.31 gears, so thinking of moving to the 3.55

And the final item:

Ford performance by Borla Touring exhaust:

M-5200-M4TCA

All I am looking to do is get a modest increase in power, that is delivered a little more smoothly across the power band, along with a deeper exhaust (not trying to sound like a V8, as that will never happen and after driving the Coyote V8, the sife said '**** no')

Does the upgraded exhaust add any performance, or just sound? I really just want free flowing exhaust, a little deeper, but definitely don't want to sound like a civic with a coffee can muffler.

Does this seem like a decent path to go down? Should i wait until the ford performance tune becomes available before i start anything?
Have you looked at the MBRP race exhaust? It's much cheaper and everyone says it gives a deep tone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page