Newbie - Modification Order / BOV Question
Hey all. I've had my '16 Ecoboost Mustang for about a year now, and I've finally decided to pull the trigger and get to work on doing some modifications myself. I'm very new to the game and don't have an engineering background, but I've always wanted to learn (forgive the long post or any inaccurate assumptions / rookie mistakes I've made below). I've got a COBB V3 Tuner coming in the mail as my first priority, but after that, I suspect I'll be going somewhat slow. My planned mods (in no particular order yet) are:
1) Exhaust - will be looking for at least a catback system, potentially turboback; haven't decided yet, but not yet ready to pull the trigger
2) Blow off valve - I've been reading up on the Turbosmart BOV, and really like how it sounds, as well as the build quality (just from what others have said)
3) Intercooler - presumably will be some big honking front mounted beast
4) Hurst competition plus shifter - really want to decrease the throw distance, and I love the look of the Hurst, especially the unique reverse lockout
5) Suspension? Maybe?
6) Increase boost - I'm honestly not yet sure how to do this; if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them
Anyway, I have two main questions. The first is whether the order of upgrade matters significantly. Obviously if you crank the **** out of your turbocharger but don't keep the engine appropriately cooled, you're gonna have problems; or if you add a bunch of power up front but don't upgrade the exhaust system, there's probably a limit as to how far those front end upgrades can take you. However, I'm more interested in my own safety - if I make certain upgrades first, will my car blow up and/or kill me on the highway?
The second question is about the BOV. I love the sound it makes, but I'm not that interested in purely aesthetic upgrades - I want some power. Having said that, if I were to add the Turbosmart BOV to my (currently) stock Mustang, would I get any performance benefit from it, or does it only start showing gains by allowing higher boost pressures to occur from other mods, and if so, what are some mods that can increase your boost pressure?
Thanks so much in advance!