0-60 Times - Page 5 - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 44 Old 07-06-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
That seems awfully slow. Your car is still very new, isn't it? It should get better when the cylinders and rings are broken in. What kind of gas do you have? 93 is much better than 87.
My car has 46,000 miles lol so its broken in. I think I'm doing it wrong so I'm gonna experiment a bit. I'm at about 5500 ft elevation so I know my car has more to give. How do you launch your car?
post #42 of 44 Old 07-06-2018, 10:33 PM

Garage
5500 feet means your engine can't get as much oxygen, so it can't burn as much fuel, and it won't produce as much power. I used to be an Air Force flight engineer, and we had tables and charts to calculate how much power an engine would make at takeoff according to altitude and air temperature. Even with the turbo helping, an engine is going to be a lot weaker at that altitude.

Mine is a stick, so I rev to about 2500 rpm, pop the clutch as I floor the gas, and use the Cobb's flatfoot shift feature as I go into second gear about 5000 rpm.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman
post #43 of 44 Old 07-07-2018, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
5500 feet means your engine can't get as much oxygen, so it can't burn as much fuel, and it won't produce as much power. I used to be an Air Force flight engineer, and we had tables and charts to calculate how much power an engine would make at takeoff according to altitude and air temperature. Even with the turbo helping, an engine is going to be a lot weaker at that altitude.

Mine is a stick, so I rev to about 2500 rpm, pop the clutch as I floor the gas, and use the Cobb's flatfoot shift feature as I go into second gear about 5000 rpm.
I nailed a 6.1 0 to 60 this morning on my way to work. I put the toggle into sport plus, transmission into drive, held down the brake, revs to 2000 and let her rip. Lol I knew i could do better than 7.3!
Sarge likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 Old 09-28-2020, 09:50 PM

Garage
Since no one has posted in a while I thought I'd add my 2 cents. I've got a mostly stock '16 convertible. I've added the Airraid intake tube, CVF street intercooler, and a brand new custom tune from Ryan at Purple Drank. I haven't tried a quarter mile yet, but I did get my 0-60 time down to 4.7 seconds. I was at 6.6 when I first bought it and had a best time of 5.2 with the Cobb stage 2 OTS tune.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	accell.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	2653  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page