Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate Actuator - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-06-2016, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate Actuator

Hey guys! Has anyone had any experience with the Turbosmart IWG75 wastegate actuator, with either the 7psi or the 10psi spring?

I'm aware that installing it will need custom tuning to really get the most out of it, but has anybody tried installing it on a car with the stock tune on it? Any repurcussions?

Just curious, because the benefits seem worthwhile.
post #2 of 6 Old 04-05-2017, 09:08 AM

I just ordered one yesterday. Their website says the 7lb. spring version is for stock or mildly modified cars. I also received the Ford Performance upgrade for $484 (CAI and voucher for the tune from Ford) and should be getting my Mishimoto intercooler on Friday. Am anxious to see how it comes out.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-14-2017, 09:24 PM

Wow! $484 is the cheapest I've heard of for the kit, I thought I did good with Levittown Ford at $506.00, were you lucky enough to still the intercooler too? I'd love to have that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-18-2017, 04:02 PM

Garage
I am running the IWG75 10lb spring. I Would definitely recommend this modification. You can really tell the difference in boost delivery,

smooth power up to red line. Install was pretty easy too just make sure you pre-load the waste gate before installing.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-05-2018, 07:52 AM

I have the 7 psi in mine and find it much smoother than the stock one
post #6 of 6 Old 02-18-2018, 02:03 PM

Garage
I recently installed the 10psi wastegate, and it made a huge difference in the way the engine makes power. Boost stays on longer and the engine pulls to redline instead of falling off at 5300 rpm. Also seems to build boost more evenly/linear. Good mod for little $$. Be patient with the heat shield. Get a metric ruler to measure pre-load. Easy install.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page