User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 01-25-2016, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadb5 View Post
https://youtu.be/ERoFkA5WBmo is his 2nd video. It does sound good, IMO. I am budget minded but want quality at the same time. Depends on what you want, I use to like loud exhaust in my youth , but i want quiet power. maybe a little ruble when i mash it but no drone when cruz'in ,, its **** getting old.
Agree 100%. Not looking for loud either. However even his 2nd video you referenced above doesn't allow me to make a judgement besides "yes it sounds good when idling". I need to hear revs, cruising, interior noise level, etc. before I make a decision.

U.M.
TPaws202 likes this.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6 (Sold)
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)

Last edited by Uncle Meat; 03-12-2018 at 04:14 PM.
post #12 of 19 Old 03-12-2018, 02:23 PM

Garage
Any recommendations for a good sounds exhaust system(muffler) for a 2016 Ecoboost?
post #13 of 19 Old 03-12-2018, 02:45 PM

Garage
I'm happy with the MBRP street catback exhaust. It's a lot lighter than stock, a little louder, and sounds much better.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 Old 03-12-2018, 10:16 PM

Garage
MAP exhaust sounds great. I have one and it definitely doesn't sound like a fart can exhaust found on many of the import cars. None of the videos do exhaust sound justice.... best to find one in person to hear how it sounds. Not exactly convenient. I spent my hard earned $$$$ on the MAP exhaust system from the turbo back and I'm not disappointed.
post #15 of 19 Old 08-01-2018, 03:23 PM

Garage
Ford Performance by Borla Sport Cat-Back Exhaust with Black tips and I absolutely love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180729_153426.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	457.4 KB
ID:	2537  
post #16 of 19 Old 04-20-2019, 09:11 PM

Thumbs up Custom catback, 1/2 price of aftermarket

[quote=chadb5;21698]Hey if you want a cheaper exhaust get a magnaflow Muffler 12288. to replace the resanater , run 2'5" out to the tips, should be able to get done for 500 at local muffler shop. sound like MAP system.

I went to Ed Hansonís yesterday, and had them install this exact set up for my 2018 Mustang ecoboost. Immediately was impressed by the customer service (shout outs to Rebecca, Kevin and Steve). They took the time to explain to me what would best suit what I wanted out of an exhaust mod (freer flowing exhaust, deeper exhaust tone, sleeper looks). In the end, the set up you referred to in your link checked all the boxes. Itís a little more than $600+tax as of 4/19/19, but so worth it! My first experience with the new exhaust was when Kevin started up my car. I was still in the waiting room when I heard a much deeper rumble; I stepped out, and yes it was my car. Not going to wake up the neighbors, but definitely sounds better than stock.
post #17 of 19 Old 04-24-2019, 01:24 AM
cpc

Garage
I have the Ford Performance tune/CAI kit installed on my 2017. If I install the MAP catback exhaust, will this mess up my ECU software in a negative way or will it be a positive improvement for hp and torque?

2006 Mustang Premium Convertible V6 (sold)
2017 Mustang Premium Convertible Ecoboost
post #18 of 19 Old 04-24-2019, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc View Post
I have the Ford Performance tune/CAI kit installed on my 2017. If I install the MAP catback exhaust, will this mess up my ECU software in a negative way or will it be a positive improvement for hp and torque?
Adding a cat-back should not require a re-tune of the ECU. It's the turbo-back/down pipe upgrades that require ECU re-calibrations. As for gains, there will be some measurable gains from a free flowing cat-back, but they will be minimal at best. To see the full potential of the new exhaust you would want to re-calibrate the ECU, however the cost of the re-calibration would outweigh the additional HP/TQ gains unless you're doing it yourself! Slap that catback on and enjoy the sound and the small added boost in performance.

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6 (Sold)
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #19 of 19 Old 04-28-2019, 11:54 PM
cpc

Garage
Thanks U.M. Sounds like a plan for this summer.

2006 Mustang Premium Convertible V6 (sold)
2017 Mustang Premium Convertible Ecoboost

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page