SYNC3, v3.0 is available for download - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-26-2018, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
cpc

Garage
SYNC3, v3.0 is available for download

SYNC3, v3.0 is now available for download via USB stick or from your local Ford dealer. I updated my 2017 Ecoboost w/Navigation to this version today, but I really don't see much difference in the SYNC performance (although they probably fixed some bugs that the average user may never encounter). Before you decide to update your Stang, you should read the v3.0 release notes posted by a Ford mechanic here:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/fil...6/EFC06437.pdf

Note that this version is still not available for download via Automatic WiFi Update. (I tried today 5/26/18 and the Automatic Update feature in my car only found version 2.2 at Ford. This issue is also documented in the release notes).

To update your car, just follow the instructions on the Ford website:

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...v=header-owner

It takes about 30 minutes via USB stick. Note that the unzipped files only take up 1.5GB of space, so I don't know why Ford says you need a 32GB USB stick. You must leave your engine running during the entire 30 minute update, so make sure your car is parked outside when updating.

2006 Mustang Premium Convertible V6 (sold)
2017 Mustang Premium Convertible Ecoboost
post #2 of 2 Old 05-27-2018, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
cpc

Garage
Update on v3.0: After driving around and making a few stops along the way yesterday, I now think that updating to v3.0 may have been a mistake. I now get an annoying pop up message every time I start the car away from my home. It says SYNC cannot connect to my WiFi network, and I have to press OK to get rid of this useless message. The only way I found to eliminate this nuisance is to disable SYNC's Automatic Update feature.

I realize that most of you out there may not want to disable Automatic Update, so beware.

2006 Mustang Premium Convertible V6 (sold)
2017 Mustang Premium Convertible Ecoboost

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page