2015 Vibration through steering wheel - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-22-2019, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

2015 Vibration through steering wheel

My 2015 has a little over 5000 miles. I bought it used with 3400 miles. I noticed after buying the car it had a harmonic type vibration I could feel in the steering wheel between 1500-2000 rpm, any speed. The dealer put new tires on the car, balanced with road force, but that didn't solve the problem. The dealer then put a new drive shaft on the car, same problem. I took it to another mechanic today, not Ford, and he said the problem may not be fixable. He looked on the internet and found that many 2015 Mustangs have the same problem. He suggests using the lemon law.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, have you had it fixed? What was the problem?

Very upset!!

Peter
post #2 of 2 Old 04-29-2019, 12:43 AM
cpc

Garage
It is true that there are many reports of vibrations on 2015-16 Mustangs on the internet. Most complaints are reported when the car is travelling at about 60 -75 mph and the owners describe the whole car as shaking, not just a vibration in the steering wheel. Anyway, many reports say the dealer replaced/re-balanced the tires and replaced the driveshaft, but these repairs did not fix the problem. I only found one quote where the owner said the issue finally got resolved by replacing the complete rear end assembly:

"Finally after 11 and a half months, the vibration in my 2016 mustang is gone.

For months Ford motor co said is was charicteristic of the car. Only after going thru the BBB auto line and going thu an arbitration hearing,having arbitrator drive my car, the arbitrator gave ford 30 days to fix my car. The engineer that drove my car 4 months ago and said it was charicteristic of the car,4 weeks ago decides they need to change the complete rear end assembly. Vibration is now gone. They also had to paint my rear bumper be haze vibration was so bad, the trunk lid was wearing paint off the bumper. I'm real disappointed that the dealership did not stand up for their customer. I am more p----ed off that ford motor co. Put me thru this. What was to be my dream car was nothing but a nightmare for the first 11 months I owned the car. Will think twice about buying another ford vehicle. Hope this update will help anyone else with same problem".

- William G., Roanoke, VA, US

2006 Mustang Premium Convertible V6 (sold)
2017 Mustang Premium Convertible Ecoboost

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page