Ford Performance Upgrade Issue - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-05-2018, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Ford Performance Upgrade Issue

Hello. Ok so I did the Ford Performance upgrade. Installed the Cold Air Intake. Downloaded and flashed the tune. I got the Update Successful message. Unplugged everything and went to start my mustang and now I’m getting OBD codes P0522 & P0523 at the same time. Push button won’t start the car. Is it possible to get something like this due to the battery needing charging?

Codes are: Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input Conditions and Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input Conditions

Thanks in advance everyone.
post #2 of 10 Old 06-05-2018, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

That’s what it was. Tune ran the battery down. Put it on the charger for awhile and it cranked right up.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
If you read the instructions for those tuners they usually have a warning at the start stating you need to ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the backup or update procedures. You're lucky the update completed successfully before the battery got below the voltage threshold. Having the battery die in the middle of an update procedure can potentially brick your cars ECM.

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6 (Sold)
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-12-2018, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnerjr View Post
Thatís what it was. Tune ran the battery down. Put it on the charger for awhile and it cranked right up.
have you noticed any power difference with the upgrade?
post #5 of 10 Old 06-19-2018, 12:10 PM
cpc

Garage
I had the dealer install my FPP upgrade and noticed the following:

1. Not much performance difference after I drove away from the dealership, but I could hear the engine had a more distinct rumble from the new air intake, which I liked.
2. After about 160 miles, my stang woke up and turbo lag was practically gone. Very pleased about that.
3. When I'm travelling down the freeway @ 65mph, if I step hard on the gas, my neck snaps back into my headrest and the car flys away climbing to 80mph in just a couple of seconds. She never could do that before. It had always felt like there was no extra power available above 5K rpm.
4. 0 - 60 time is now 5.5 secs. It was 5.8 before the tune. But I'm hoping after a few hundred miles more, 0 - 60 time will improve even more.
5. Trip computer highway mpg average has not dropped. Still reports about 32 mpg. I never measured city mpg before (too many variables), but it feels the same.
6. Overall, very pleased with the the Ford tune!

2006 Mustang Premium Convertible V6 (sold)
2017 Mustang Premium Convertible Ecoboost
post #6 of 10 Old 06-25-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc View Post
I had the dealer install my FPP upgrade and noticed the following:

1. Not much performance difference after I drove away from the dealership, but I could hear the engine had a more distinct rumble from the new air intake, which I liked.
2. After about 160 miles, my stang woke up and turbo lag was practically gone. Very pleased about that.
3. When I'm travelling down the freeway @ 65mph, if I step hard on the gas, my neck snaps back into my headrest and the car flys away climbing to 80mph in just a couple of seconds. She never could do that before. It had always felt like there was no extra power available above 5K rpm.
4. 0 - 60 time is now 5.5 secs. It was 5.8 before the tune. But I'm hoping after a few hundred miles more, 0 - 60 time will improve even more.
5. Trip computer highway mpg average has not dropped. Still reports about 32 mpg. I never measured city mpg before (too many variables), but it feels the same.
6. Overall, very pleased with the the Ford tune!
Do you know if the pro cal 3 tune changes top speed? My ecoboost mustang is starting to learn the tune, but I can still only hit 121 mph. I was under the impression that the performance pack changes top speed, does it? does any one know ?
post #7 of 10 Old 06-25-2018, 11:37 PM
cpc

Garage
According to exterra1 on mustangecoboost.net...

"Also, if you add an after market tune or even the Ford Peformance tune, you're speed limit will change. Like I said, mine flew past 120 and I didn't shut down until it hit right at 130, and it was still pulling".

post #8 of 10 Old 06-25-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc View Post
According to exterra1 on mustangecoboost.net...

"Also, if you add an after market tune or even the Ford Peformance tune, you're speed limit will change. Like I said, mine flew past 120 and I didn't shut down until it hit right at 130, and it was still pulling".
so, did your ecoboost come with the performance pack from the factory? I know you said you added the pro cal 3 setup, but was your stang stock? My car won't go past 121 mph. I'm not sure if the pro cal 3 tune hasn't fully realized itself, or if my car is just stuck at 121.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-26-2018, 12:01 AM

sorry, i forgot you were quoting someone else, need to find that guy and talk with him
post #10 of 10 Old 06-26-2018, 01:22 AM
cpc

Garage
You can read exterra1's postings here and chat with him about his findings:

https://www.mustangecoboost.net/thre...p-speed.12921/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page