Common problems and annoyances
I'm a new owner of a 2016 base EcoBoost fastback with an automatic, and I was curious as to what commonly goes wrong with S550s in general, as well as the 2.3L specifically. Baseline things most owners find annoying about the factory cars, but aren't "problems" per say are welcome too.
So far this is what I've heard:
- Wheel hop and deflection is a killjoy
- Blow-by is a serious concern for the 2.3L
- Head gasket failure isn't common, but it isn't rare either
- A/C failure is pretty common (a problem with mine from the get-go)
- The automatic is good only for short intervals of spirited driving
Let me know what y'all think of these and what else is worth adding...