Problem with track apps or I'm just a bad driver? - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-16-2017, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Problem with track apps or I'm just a bad driver?

Hey guys. So I've had my ecoboost for a little more than a month now. It's a 2017 base model with the performance package. Manual trans. I do like it a lot.
Well I've driven a manual car all my life. Its all I've ever had. So I thought I knew how to drive one. But maybe not. I keep trying to time my 0-60 with the track apps and I can't get any better than 7.2 seconds. In fact that's all I get! I've tried dumping it from 3k, 4K, 5k, I've tried going all the way to redline, shifting at 5k or 5500, I've even tried just taking off from idle instead of dumping the clutch at all. No matter what I do I get a 0-60 of 7.2 seconds. Not 7.1 or 7.3 ever. Always 7.2. I've done it maybe 20 times. There's no way I am just that consistent. Not with changing things up. And I know the car can go faster than that. So what do y'all think the hang up is? A problem with my track apps maybe?
Thanks
post #2 of 7 Old 12-16-2017, 06:55 PM

Garage
That's weird. I bought the same car, base model performance pack manual, and the very first time I used the track app 0-60 I think I got 6.9. With minor bolt-on mods and Cobb tune stage 1 and a little practice I'm getting 5.5. If you're always getting exactly 7.2, something isn't right. Have you tried it with less throttle, deliberately trying for a slower time to see if it shows more than 7.2?

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman
post #3 of 7 Old 12-16-2017, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

I have not. But I will try that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-23-2018, 04:23 PM
cpc

Garage
I have a 2017 stock Ecoboost convertible. The first time I tried to clock 0 - 60, I did about 7.9. On the second try I did 6.2. On the third try I got 5.8. It sounds like you may not be viewing your saved or older test times? Have you tried looking at "All Time Best"? I agree you should not be consistently getting the same 7.2 results over and over.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-07-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc View Post
I have a 2017 stock Ecoboost convertible. The first time I tried to clock 0 - 60, I did about 7.9. On the second try I did 6.2. On the third try I got 5.8. It sounds like you may not be viewing your saved or older test times? Have you tried looking at "All Time Best"? I agree you should not be consistently getting the same 7.2 results over and over.
How do you view your best of all time 0 to 60. I just bought my ecoboost premium 1 week ago. I was doing 7.3 at first. Then I got a 6.1 and my average seems to be 6.7 mine is an automatic
post #6 of 7 Old 07-08-2018, 09:20 PM
cpc

Garage
Go to "Track Apps" > "View/Clear Results" > "All Time Best" > "0 - 60 MPH x.x s"

2006 Mustang Premium Convertible V6 (sold)
2017 Mustang Premium Convertible Ecoboost
post #7 of 7 Old 03-08-2019, 04:49 AM

I will try that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in