Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Exhaust For Sound in Ecoboost 2017 Convertible

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  H@L9k 
#1 ·
Hi Guys
I just got a 2017 Ecoboost automatic Convertible and I have a question: is there an exhaust that would make my car sound better? Im not looking for any performance gain but a better sound. Does it worth it? Does it make a real difference on the sound of an automatice convertible?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Getting a turbo I4 engine to "sound better" is going to be very subjective. There's only one or two exhaust systems for the Ecoboost out there that don't end up making the car sound like your typical "ricer" IMHO. My pick for best non-ricey sounding exhaust for the Mustang Ecoboost is the resonated MAPerformance system.

Just my 2¢.

U.M.

#3 ·
I haven't made my final decision yet, but right now my first choice is MBRP street catback. You can find recordings of it on YouTube.

#4 ·
I'm like you, I didn't want a rice burner sound, so I removed the resonator and replaced the stock mufflers with Magnaflow Performance ones, straight through with a special acoustic packing. The sound is deeper when started and at idle, and only makes noise under acceleration, I love it!

#5 ·
As long as you didn't go with the MagnaPaks! Wow those things buzz! I had a Magnaflow system on my 03 Cobra and loved the sound. However comparing a V8 exhaust sound to an I4 is really unfair. :D

U.M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.