• 1 Post By Oscar
  • 2 Post By untamed67
  • 1 Post By Wangan
  • 2 Post By untamed67
  • 1 Post By BoostedStang

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-01-2015, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Ecoboost QUALITY HOLD's

I ordered an Ecoboost and Ford will not release it due to a QUALITY HOLD. Anyone know about this??? The dealer has told me it effects thousands of cars. Why can't I find anything online about it??? Please Help. Thanks!
post #2 of 9 Old 03-02-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
I ordered an Ecoboost and Ford will not release it due to a QUALITY HOLD. Anyone know about this??? The dealer has told me it effects thousands of cars. Why can't I find anything online about it??? Please Help. Thanks!
hey welcome to the site!

Quality holds are actually fairly common, the 5.0 was on quality hold back in october for a cat issue. Its probabaly related to a bad batch of parts from a supplier or something similar.

Has your car been built already?
hotrod likes this.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-02-2015, 02:38 PM

There have been a number of body panel alignment complaints. I hope Ford decided to bring quality control to a higher level !

This might be the reason of your quality hold...or just a wild guess
Oscar and hotrod like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Yes, it has been built. It cam in on a a train and is sitting at what they call a railhead. But the car has been there about a month and they won't release it. Ford and the dealer have nothing to say about it. The dealer claims Ford won't tell them anything! (And I have contacted Ford— They won't tell ME anything!)

Thanks
post #5 of 9 Old 03-03-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
Yes, it has been built. It cam in on a a train and is sitting at what they call a railhead. But the car has been there about a month and they won't release it. Ford and the dealer have nothing to say about it. The dealer claims Ford won't tell them anything! (And I have contacted Ford— They won't tell ME anything!)

Thanks
I wonder if you're being affected by the shortage in rail cars too add to the headaches?

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...l-car-shortage

Quote:
Carmakers are finding it harder to get vehicles to dealerships as demand for trucks and SUVs extends the U.S. auto market’s longest expansion since World War II.
It focuses on TRucks and SUVs but your mustang may of been caught in the crossfire...
hotrod likes this.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-03-2015, 02:12 PM

Message to FOrd :

While waiting for trucks and rail cars put some focus on the Euro versions, guess there will be plenty of ships availble to sail out over the Atlantic...
BoostedStang and hotrod like this.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-03-2015, 06:57 PM

At least they did a quality hold and didn't decide to deal with these issues after we take delivery... that would suck

hotrod likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-22-2015, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

UPDATE - I have ordered a NEW different Ecoboost Mustang. They will still not disclose what the issue was with the old one. Apparently this issue as they are calling it currently effects 4000 cars and they have a date at the end of this month to correct the cars at the factory says the dealer. I'm really looking forward to this new car, I just hope its a good one.

Anyone else have any information on this?? Thanks.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-17-2015, 02:43 AM

That's probably relevant to a bad group of areas from a provider or something like that.

Melansonc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page