EcoBoost Mustang Fuel Economy Figures Leak - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-22-2014, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

EcoBoost Mustang Fuel Economy Figures Leak

Some may be disappointed to hear that the 2015 Ford Mustang is actually going to have worse fuel economy than it predecessor. This is largely due to the 2015 model being a bit heavier.

This info comes via leaked EPA data published on an internet forum. What are the actual numbers? The V6 engine gets 17 mpg city and 28 mpg highway. That's a 2 mpg drop in the city, and a 1 mpg drop for highway driving when compared to the previous generation Mustang.

Now turning to the four-cylinder EcoBoost engine. It gets 22 mpg city and 31 mpg highway, 26 mpg combined.

Can you be happy about these numbers? Are you upset that they are worse than the previous model, or do you care that much about one or two mpg of difference?
post #2 of 10 Old 08-22-2014, 01:52 PM

I can live with the estimated 22 mpg city, but was hoping for a 33 mpg highway, also a combined 26 mpg is rather disappointing.
On the other hand, Ford hasn't really announced the exact numbers yet. Maybe we'll get to know them within a few days.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-22-2014, 05:34 PM

I dont think we're going to get any better. MKC 2.3 AWD is 18 city/26 hwy/21 combined...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-22-2014, 08:30 PM

I agree, that's good enough for the type of vehicle it is and the segment it's in. I'm happy with it.

post #5 of 10 Old 08-23-2014, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newport View Post
I dont think we're going to get any better. MKC 2.3 AWD is 18 city/26 hwy/21 combined...

I can agree with your point of view, but here in Europe fuel consumption is an important matter, gasoline prices are here too high, due to taxes.
..... and if Ford wants to sell a large numbers of Mustangs here in Europe, the price tag on the car better be very attractive.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-25-2014, 06:45 PM

if they haven't already, making it aluminum bodied and framed could help since it will of course cut down on weight which helps

post #7 of 10 Old 08-26-2014, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

It's weird because I think that fuel consumption wasn't a big priority for Ford with previous Mustangs. This one they are having to think about it more especially because they are selling them in Europe now. It must be hard for them to balance that.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-28-2014, 04:01 PM

I can see why, MPG is what the industry is focusing on largely and this is a new model of theirs that will last a while, maybe as long as 10 years, they might as well try to get it off on the right start

post #9 of 10 Old 08-28-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Horse View Post
It's weird because I think that fuel consumption wasn't a big priority for Ford with previous Mustangs. This one they are having to think about it more especially because they are selling them in Europe now. It must be hard for them to balance that.
Thats patently untrue. The Mustang II was created specifically for the 73 oil embargo and since 1975 Ford has been building the Mustang (and the rest of its lineup) to comply with CAFE regulations...

post #10 of 10 Old 09-02-2014, 07:46 PM

yup they have to comply with those regs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page