Microsoft Out, BlackBerry In? - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 02-24-2014, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Microsoft Out, BlackBerry In?

On the back of bloody murder cries against the SYNC system, Ford is now abandoning the Microsoft sourced system for a new infortainment package derived by QNX, a division of BlackBerry.

Before your BlackBerry jokes come streaming in consider that QNX supplies the software for VW, BMW, some GM's, some Chryslers, Jaguars and Land Rovers. Ford says the QNX units will cost less to acquire than Microsofts, and hopefully Ford will be able to eliminate their one detractor of quality.

Although I suppose that's equally absurd, that the strength of your bluetooth connection determines the quality rating of XYZ vehicle. You and I know know thats absurd. A to B right

Oh and one more thing for the fanboys in the crowd... BB10 OS (UNIX-based, nothing in common with the Java-based BB7 OS) is arguably more modern than your iOS or Android....

BTW, heres your infotainment...

post #2 of 12 Old 02-24-2014, 03:43 PM

It's good for blackberry. I wonder if it wasn't for them being bought out if this would ever happen or if they'd be suck with just mobile phones.

post #3 of 12 Old 02-25-2014, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedStang View Post
It's good for blackberry. I wonder if it wasn't for them being bought out if this would ever happen or if they'd be suck with just mobile phones.
BlackBerry wasn't bought out... and QNX was purchased by BlackBerry back in the days when they were still operating as RIM. We're talking the Balsillie days...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-25-2014, 02:44 PM

i think this is good for both RIM and Ford.

Hopefully this will fix all the complains about the infotainment problems on Ford models.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-26-2014, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangin View Post
i think this is good for both RIM and Ford.

Hopefully this will fix all the complains about the infotainment problems on Ford models.
I have the same hope, I think its absolute lunacy that Ford gets hammered in reliability and quality ratings because of a fecking screen. You know, something that has no bearing on the FUNCTIONS of a vehicle..

Look Consumer Reports says it all...

Quote:
At the other end of the spectrum, Jeep and Ford tied for the lowest score (50). Jeep has a mix of spotty reliability and mediocre road-test results. While a number of recent Ford models are very nice to drive and earn solid test scores, the brand continues to have reliability problems, especially with its MyFord Touch system. Three other Detroit brands, Dodge, Cadillac and Chevrolet round out the bottom five.
Too many tombstone eyes...

post #6 of 12 Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 PM

I'm glad that Ford is taking steps to improve this weak point. Whether or not they agree with Consumer Reports' ranking system, you know, you have to play the system. Hopefully Black Berry can do a good job and get themselves out of their corporate nose dive.

I believe.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-27-2014, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Horse View Post
I'm glad that Ford is taking steps to improve this weak point. Whether or not they agree with Consumer Reports' ranking system, you know, you have to play the system. Hopefully Black Berry can do a good job and get themselves out of their corporate nose dive.

I believe.
yes but since when did learning curve become a euphemism for unreliable? CR's ranking system is based on consumer complaints they receive from THEIR membership. Its not at all indicative of the population. People who subscribe to CR subscribe so they don't have to do their own research, its not surprising that people who forego their own due diligence have issues with learning a new system (SYNC). If they weren't going to take the time to research the car what makes you think they're going to take the time to learn how to use it...

And the other thing that kills me, is if the SYNC system is so drop dead awful why do people keep buying Fords? Its obviously because mechanically they build excellent cars in relation to competitors. Put your money where your mouth is. Consider that Ford is the LOWEST ranked by CR based on SYNC, yet they outsell a good majority of the list, meaning that consumers are shopping on the actual transportation qualities of the car and not its silly software...

Why do people even need CR anymore with the depth of information floating around the internet...

post #8 of 12 Old 02-27-2014, 01:49 PM

ford should just not include infotainment systems

problem solved

lol
post #9 of 12 Old 02-27-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangin View Post
ford should just not include infotainment systems

problem solved

lol
haha good point, it might not make a difference at all!
maybe cadillac should consider this too.

post #10 of 12 Old 02-28-2014, 12:17 PM

this should be the photo instead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page