Checking in new Mustang Ecoboost owner - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimC

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-08-2018, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Checking in new Mustang Ecoboost owner

I split my time between Michigan and North Carolina - bought a place in Winston Salem last summer and trying to decide when to retire from work in Michigan.

This is my 4th Mustang. Started with a 1965 triple black convertible that I had to tow home and rebuild before college started in the fall. Bought that car for $50 and drove it all through college. Sold it 2 years after graduation for $350.

In 2006 I bought a triple black Pony convertible. I ran a 75 shot of nitrous on that for 2 summers, and with 90,000 miles on the car pulled the nitrous and installed the Xcharger Xtreme supercharger. Lot of fun with that car, and very reliable. But my wife convinced me that with 203,000 miles it was time to sell it and start a new project.

Ordered a 2013 MCA edition in Race Red and decided to try a turbo. Blew it up 3 times and decided that car was cursed so sold it and picked up a SHO. So the new car is not my first Ecoboost.

Last week I traded the SHO for an Oxford White convertible. Originally I was on my way to pick up a Royal Crimson coupe with performance package, but the sales guy pulled some crap "oh I just found out that the price is different" type of thing so told him forget it and that I was not playing that game. Ended up at a different dealer and went with a 2017 certified pre-owned convertible.

Looking forward to learning more about this Mustang Ecoboost and what I can do to it for more performance. Taking it next weekend to a get together with some friends. We rent a drag strip for the day on Friday and spend Thursday until Sunday together - this is our 12th year. No one knows that I have the Mustang yet, they are expecting me to show up with the SHO again this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180506_115853.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	455.1 KB
ID:	2330  
post #2 of 5 Old 05-12-2018, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome aboard JimC!

I spent the first 19 years of my life growing up in Michigan and still have family up there. In fact I'm heading that way this summer for a week or so. Lansing, Marlette, Sandusky, Greenbush, and Eaton Rapids are all on the list of stops while I'm up there. I'd say it will be a "Fun Drive", but I know what a total mess Michigan's highways have become. Last summer I was up there in the Z06 and I realized very quickly I would never daily drive my Vette if I were still living up there. The stiff ride of my vette coupled with the winter weather damaged roads in Michigan make for a pretty jarring ride around town. However once I'm out pontoonin' on Cedar Lake with a cold beer the issue with the roads don't seem so bad after all...

Great looking 'Vert. Have you picked up that tuner yet?

Once again welcome to the forums!

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6 (Sold)
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)

Last edited by Uncle Meat; 05-12-2018 at 07:16 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-12-2018, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Very familiar with Sandusky and Marlette. I grew up in Port Huron.

I haven't decided on tuning yet, still looking at options. Only mod so far was to add the MRT hood struts - still not sure why Ford puts the prop rod on the Mustang.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180512_124708.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	2338   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180512_124714.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	2346   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180512_122439.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	2354  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-31-2018, 08:08 AM

Garage
Welcome JimC! What part of Michigan are you in now? I live in Northern Indiana, but we have a lake cottage on Shavehead lake near Union/Vandalia in Southern Michigan and spend a lot of time up there.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-31-2018, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks MikeA73, I currently live in the Monroe area for work, and get down to North Carolina usually every other weekend, and whenever I can convince the boss to let me work remote from home!
MikeA73 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page