Ford performance pack tune - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 01-10-2017, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Question Ford performance pack tune

i am looking at getting the ford performance power pack for my 2015 ecoboost and was wondering what other people thought of the difference it makes for the car? And if it is ultimately worth the money or if i should look at other tunes and air intakes?
post #2 of 24 Old 01-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianecoboost View Post
i am looking at getting the ford performance power pack for my 2015 ecoboost and was wondering what other people thought of the difference it makes for the car? And if it is ultimately worth the money or if i should look at other tunes and air intakes?
I don't know if we have any active members on here who have gone with the Ford Perf pack yet. At least I haven't seen anyone do a write up about it yet.

...and welcome to the forum canadianecoboost!

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #3 of 24 Old 01-11-2017, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Uncle Meat i am excited to be on here and maybe i will be the first one to get the tune and share my thoughts!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 01-11-2017, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Uncle Meat i am excited to be on here and maybe i will be the first one to get the tune and share my thoughts!!
Please do!

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #5 of 24 Old 01-16-2017, 01:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Please do, I have been contemplating this or going with a cobb.

post #6 of 24 Old 03-17-2017, 02:00 PM

Did anyone ever get this tune and do a write up? Some decent reviews on CJponyparts but would like more info if anyone has done it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
post #7 of 24 Old 04-04-2017, 11:07 PM

Garage
I came here looking for reviews other than those in CJ, because I just did mine today and the car seems to be slower. Very disappointing at the moment. Based on some of CJ reviews it takes time for the car to learn and adjust, possibly more than 200 miles. So, I will keep testing it and will update after the 200 miles or before if something noticeable happens. Hopefully I'll be as happy as they guys that wrote the reviews in CJ.
post #8 of 24 Old 04-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu-ecoboost View Post
I came here looking for reviews other than those in CJ, because I just did mine today and the car seems to be slower.
Can you please divulge exactly what the Ford Performance Power Pack consisted of that you "did"? Was it just the CAI and tune?

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #9 of 24 Old 04-05-2017, 10:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post
Can you please divulge exactly what the Ford Performance Power Pack consisted of that you "did"? Was it just the CAI and tune?

U.M.
Power pack contains the CAI the tune and calibration tool. Once you "married" the calibration tool to your car it can only be used for that car. It will download into it the original flash from your car in case you want to revert the tune. If you buy it from a dealer they have to give you the calibration tool. I ordered online from Summit and Steeda did the installation for me since they are a ford performance authorized dealer.
post #10 of 24 Old 04-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu-ecoboost View Post
Power pack contains the CAI the tune and calibration tool. Once you "married" the calibration tool to your car it can only be used for that car. It will download into it the original flash from your car in case you want to revert the tune. If you buy it from a dealer they have to give you the calibration tool. I ordered online from Summit and Steeda did the installation for me since they are a ford performance authorized dealer.
Oh I'm fully aware how the tuners work. I was just curious if he had done anything besides the basic CAI & Tune included in the Ford Perf Pack.

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page